[Q&A] Seagate Momentus Hard Disk Giveaway Contest! (Discussion only)

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

As our comprehensive review of the Seagate Momentus 5400.2 has revealed, this is one speedy hard disk thanks to its high areal density, spindle speed and large 8MB buffer!

Today, we offer you the opportunity to win not one, but TWO brand-new Seagate Momentus 5400.2 hard disks! Don't miss this great opportunity!

[​IMG]

Link : Seagate Momentus Hard Disk Giveaway Contest!

Please post all questions and comments about the contest in this thread and the slogans (ONLY) here! :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  2. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

wow, seagate is so amazing, they have been sponsoring many of our contests. Let's ask them to donate more HD:).

Thanks a lot ADrian and everybody who work so hard on the site, you guys are the best, always giving out so many goodies.

3. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Whoa :shock: very nice better Seagate than WD crap ahahaha

4. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Hi!

Like I said in some other section of our forum...GREAT JOB GUYS! You surely ROCK! 2 such GREAT HDD's...WOWWWWW!!! I am speechless... :clap: :dance: :mrgreen:

Btw...werty hi...I just wonder what would you say in case those prizes (Hdd's) were from WD...maybe just changed position of "Seagate" and "WD" in you sentence? ROTFL! :p :wicked: :haha: :beer:

Good luck everyone! Let the best 2 win (or even better - may the best 1 and another "lucky looser" win) :cool: :twisted: ;)

5. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Stop the smalltalk and show us your slogans instead. ;) ^^

6. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Hahahahaha...Bestia probably didnt read competition rules yet...otherwise he would notice this...from 25th August until September 24th...so...starting on 25th!...it isnt possible to post slogans in appropriate section yet... :mrgreen: :wicked:

Cya on 25th... :cool:

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

my dad's workplace do make the small metal parts for seagate, pg :shifty:

8. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Don't even joke about that Johnie. If the HDs were from WD I would be screwed as I own a Seagate and WD and my experience with WD has been horrible argh

9. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Ok then werty316... :mrgreen:

My experience with WD is totally the opposite...it works superb!...and almost nonstop from 2002....no problems at all... :clap: :dance: ;) The point is that i heard that some Seagate drives werent good(its just that some series are better and others not so good - that goes for all manufacturers - so I know there were bad series also at WD(and Seagate too), but because of that you cant just say that all products from them are bad...its not fair! Just look at i.e. WD Raptor...which is superb SATA drive...or isnt it? just because its made by WD? Got the point? :wicked: ;) )...but by my opinion...those are just roumors...cause its natural that many people will promote the products they own no matter what... :twisted: And I am also aware that problems may arise at any product (be it called Seagate,WD,Sony,etc,etc...)...so that cant be avoided I guess...anyway...like I said...I havent had any problems with my drive so far...so for me its very good and reliable one...and same goes to you and your drive...so everything is ok here...we should be happy that drives work (no matter what their name is)... :mrgreen: :haha: ;)

Ok back to topic...lets prepare to play Breakout....ooooopsssss...sorry....I meant to think about new slogans... :haha:

Good luck! ;) :wave:

10. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

:haha:

You've got a point there, but even so I did not say "now", right? ;) ^^

11. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Hahahahaha....Yes,Mr.Bestia...you got that right-you didnt actually said "NOW"...but all context is pointing towards that ("show us you slogans"...the only word that comes to my ears after that is...NOW!) :mrgreen: :haha:

Ok...peace...lets wait 2 more days and then do some multi-posting with tons of slogans.... :clap: :mrgreen: :wicked: ;)

12. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Well I don't hate WD but because it was my first experience with them and you know the old saying; you only get one chance to make a first impression; and this one with WD for me sucked big time. It seems lately that I am getting unlucky except for ram kit I won of course :thumb: :haha: First my WD dies and now I buy a mobo that has the back IO shield plate missing. Maybe the ram kit is cursed or I am just crazy :nuts: I think I will stick with the crazy thing.

13. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hehehe, well seagate do have problems in the past but I think they have turn around and making one of the best hd at the moment. Not to mention their 5 year warranty (which is the only company that I know that support such long warranty). WD do also make good hd. I have used WD and haven't got any problem and have dealt with their RMA and my experience has been positive.

I now have own seagate, wd, maxtor and all of them work great and no problem. it's either that I don't torture my hd hard enough or that I am lucky or that they are all good hd:).

14. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Yes I read about your problems in the thread that you started...sorry to hear that...I hope you will solve them ASAP and start enjoying with your new upgraded system! :clap: ;)

And I also agree with you about first impressions...its very hard to gain back lost confidence...but like i said...I havent had such problems with my WD...it also varies from model to model...some are better, the others not... :shifty: So my conclusion is that we could probably find many people who would criticize WD...and also many who would criticize Seagate (or any other product)...and on the other hand...many who love WD...and many who love Seagate (and other manufacturers)...so the point is...that its all relative here...it all depends on first impression and many other "little" things that lead us to our conclusions and thoughts... :mrgreen: :thumb:

I am sorry that you had problems with WD...maybe this extra Seagate model wont cause you so much problems in your notebook... ;)

Well thats it...have a nice day/night....best wishes...and hope to talk to you soon. :wave:

15. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

I've always peace in mind. :mrgreen: ;) ^^
    Good luck!

16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I'm sitting this contest out...I have no need for a laptop hard disk and I lack creativity :haha:
    Good luck to all who are trying :thumb:

17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Okay. Although you can always try and if you win, pass it to me?? :wicked: :mrgreen:

Good luck to everyone else! :beer:

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nah.... dun give it to Adrian.. you can give it to me instead! Damn sweet HD if u asked me... maybe I should get my brother to win it! :haha: Zeeennnn!!!!!

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ok, you guys come up with the entires, PM it to me and I'll post it :haha:

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i'm just posting coz i'm bored :shifty: :haha:
    anyway .. i dont have a laptop .. but i dont mind having a laptop hard disk since i have a spare external casing :haha:..

oh btw.. can i trade it with the laptop/notebook cooler ? :haha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.