Radeon 9800 pro 256 ddrII

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by pudzian, Dec 9, 2004.

1. pudzian

pudzian Newbie

I would like to know what is the best cooling for overclocked radeon 9800 pro 256 ddrII :D

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

:wave: Hello pudzian, and welcome to the ARP Forums ;)

Unfortunately, you have placed this thread in the wrong forum, as we have dedicated forums for Overclocking, Cooling & Modding, and Graphics Cards. :mrgreen:

To ensure that you will get responses to your queries, I am moving this thread to the desired forum (Overclocking). Feel free to browse our other foums and post up threads or opinions there :wave:

Enjoy Your Stay :thumb:

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

h2o is the best.... :mrgreen:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

5. pudzian

pudzian Newbie

Radeon

Radeon 9800 Pro with R360 core, 8x32MB DDR memory :thumb:
    is any program which I can check my ddr memory becouse I stick ocz bga copper and I cant check which model (samsung or hynix) I have. Sorry for my english. :wicked:

http://www.4max.pl/

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If it's Radeon 9800 Pro with R360 core, 8x32MB DDR memory, then your card should be using Hynix 2.5ns RAM.

ATI Silencer 3, Zalman ZM80D-HP are great coolers, favouring Silencer 3 a bit more.

7. i like the zalman, especially since i already have a side fan. the zalman is a bit more expensive at about 33 bux on newegg, and the ati silencer 3 is about 30 bux. of course, they are both good, the zalman if you get the optional fan, and the ati for just having a fan already

8. darkhorse

darkhorse Newbie

get the ati silencer. performance wise, its really good.

but if u want maximum performance and heat managment, forget aircooling and go water

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I agree with darkhorse. ATI Silencer is better and cheaper than the zalman ones... :D

If you can't afford that, the VGA Silencer is good and cheap.... :thumb:

10. well, the main reason i'm getting the zalman is because i have a side fan, and with the ati silencer, the hs is covered by plastic, so air from the side fan can't reach it

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

But it will still suck in the cool air and then after the cool air is blown thru the fins, the air goes straight out instead of recirculating it.. :thumb: That is one of the main benefits... It doesn't recycle the hot air back into your case... :mrgreen:

12. ive set my side fan to blowing air out.. so it's about the same