Radeon 9800 pro

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Werne, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Zalman NB has universal mounting mechanism, that's why the base doesn't cover the whole NB properly.

2. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

ok does Pasar Pudu has this food court called Peng Wah. and along there are electrical and aquatics shops.

does that match Jalan Pasar in any way? it's along jalan pudu, then turn left.

3. Chai

I don't recall Peng Wah food court, but there's a lot of electrical, electronic, and some aquatic shops. And yes, it's along Jln Pudu, and then turn left.

4. goldfries

that's the one. Peng Wah is nearby RHB. after the aquatics shop go further down.

after turning left you'll see a temple on the right. further down u see a car park on the left with the shops opposite. further down you'll see Peng Wah food court on the right, just after the T junction traffic lights.

i used to go there. i'll park at gf house and walk there. very near. but ever since there's once the fish shop there kena burned, i never go already. cos i thought no more aquatics shop. hehe.

now i think i'll go there for aquatics AND electrics.

5. Chai

The aquatic shop I know is on the right after turning left at the junction.

6. goldfries

yep it's all over there. last time there was 1 corner shop, right opposite the temple across the lane. kena burned. hehe. after that became electronics, so i thought no more fish.

btw off topic already. back to Radeon. so how much you people think the R9600 Pro will be? notify me if you see the price. i'd like to know.

7. aarion

aarion Newbie

the R9600 is slower than the r9500 pro. I think u will be tter off with the r9500 pro.

8. goldfries

slower nmind if it's cheaper. :)

btw the OC results are quite good. the R9600 Pro is near the R9500 Pro. very near.

again. if it's more expensive, ask our local dist. to go jump river la. the R9600 should be a cheaper model. and if cheaper, seriously i don't mind paying. at least i get what i paid for.

9. Werne

Werne Newbie

Just bought an ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb for US375 shipped from US to italy, which is around Eur 341 or RM1400. I think i got quite a sweet deal here! :D

10. goldfries

that's very good!!! that ought to be the price in fact.

11. Werne

Werne Newbie

Well, retail price should be around 399USD, and i got it for 375USD shipped too....so it was a good deal.

But then again, bcos of the scarcity of the 9800 pro, lotsa shops r selling it for more than 430USD.....oh well, demand outstrips supply.....

WEll, here in Europe, it's retailing for around Eur 550 for a hercules one but it's not even available at most shops......

12. Chai

Yeah, plus shipping, that's a good deal.

13. Nerd@133FSB

Nerd@133FSB Newbie

Wow quite a good deal....
    Izzit me or izzit hardware in Malaysia damn expensive...?
    I think if u buy it at Low Yat the sharks will charge u extra 100-200 from that price...(if u dont know the sharks lah that is...... :D )

14. Werne

Werne Newbie

No, actually i am getting a very good deal that's y the price is slightly lower than retail. And in europe it's also quite expensive.

Actually KL prices r not that expensive, if you convert European prices to RM, u can c that M'sian prices r actually quite a lot cheaper, the only thing is tat for most m'sians, m'sian prices r already considered expensive.

And the fact remains tat, for high-end h/wares, they come in very small quantities if at all, so the vendors are able to sell them at a higher price regardless of whether the demand is there or not. If u want it, they will sell it to you but u pay a premium for it, that's business!

Just like when my gf's bro went to buy me the Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo, the guy said that it was the last piece and he gave the excuse tat he wans the board but if my gf's bro wans to buy it, no problem, he would only sell it RM600 considering the listed price was bout RM530 then..... I dun regret buying this board but I do regret buying it too early when there r new boards now!!! heck, I dun even hav the board yet as it's still wit my gf's bro!

15. Chai

That's true. Even in Eupore, the hardware prices are not cheap. But they have discounts once in a while, you won't see that in M'sia...

You can only find cheap & good hardware in US.

16. Werne

Werne Newbie

True.....you can find cheap, good and almost every damn h/ware ever made in the US.

Maybe all h/wares on 2nd thought......

17. drab

drab Newbie

Har!here in spain,If the people dont understand the hardware they dont buy it.I have just(at last)bought a7n8x for 120 euros.1 month ago it was 200 plus,but because of bios probs,nobody bought it.now cheaper than a7v8x!Same with radeon. 9000 is more than 9100 8)

18. Werne

Werne Newbie

Wait a minute.....did u mean a7n8x deluxe? cos AFAIK the deluxe version costs about nearly 200 euros and of course the normal a7n8x would be cheaper......

BIOS prob? was there any BIOS prob for the a7n8x? cos i didn't read anything bout it.......

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Yes. BIOS corruption issue :)
    it can happen to any a7n8x owner :)
    try to change the settings or oc the FSB and then save it and exit. it might just hang there :)

20. Werne

Werne Newbie

hmm....so is there any remedy for thiis issue?