Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Last night, I caught an episode of Oprah on people dying from cancer. This was a truly exceptional episode, not because it's about people dying from cancer but because it was showed the incredible strength of the human spirit.

There were two guests - Kris Carr and Randy Pausch. Both were incredible stories of humanity triumphing over adversity, even when the odds were not only stacked against them, but just plain impossible.

Randy Pausch's story was particularly touching and poignant because he was part of a lecture series where professors would give a lecture as if it was their last lecture. Only in his case, it was quite literally his last lecture, as doctors only gave him months to live. That famous lecture has since been downloaded SIX MILLION times and the count is going up, up, UP!

I was so touched by his story that I called up my parents and got them to watch it. I also had them ask my aunt (who's battling lung cancer) to watch it. That episode was just SO inspirational. Instead of allowing their misfortune to bring them down, these two amazing people rose above it and showed us the amazing strength of the human spirit.

With that, I would like to invite you to take a look at Randy's shortened lecture on Oprah here - Randy Pausch "Last Lecture" Reprise on the Oprah Show, Oct 2007

You can take a look at the full lecture here - YouTube - Randy Pausch Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

More information on Randy here and here.

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

inspiring... :)

3. Adrian Wong

Indeed! Sad though that they are afflicted by such a terrible disease. :(

4. Crazy_BB

Crazy_BB Newbie

Life is unpredictale. My family got the history of this disease.
    I seen successful cases and non successful cases.
    It's hard to see your love one lying on the bed but you cant do anything much to decrease the pain.

5. Adrian Wong

Indeed. That's why we best live life to the fullest.

Do check out his lecture if you have not already done it. It's really inspirational.

6. Crazy_BB

Crazy_BB Newbie

It's inspiring.He got such a good fighting spirit.
    For me life is in the hand of god, death is not horrible, it's when u flash back and found out that there's few thing u didn't able to do when u still able to say and do it.

Live life to the fullest, no regret. :)

I seen it for myself, i seen patient struggling in the hospital some with fighting spirit and some are losing hope. But i didnt see ppl like Dr randy, he got such a good fighting spirit.well most of the people when they heard they only got few month to go and there's no treatment can be done, they will tend to lost hope.

But no matter how, i sallute him!!..indeed inspiring :beer:

7. Crazy_BB

Crazy_BB Newbie

Adrian, i saw the book at MPH. If u wan the book u can go check it out.

8. Adrian Wong

Oh, thanks! :thumb: