RATE MY PC PLEASE- Newly Built!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by XJBluto, Feb 2, 2007.

1. XJBluto

XJBluto Newbie

LIAN LI PC-60APLUSII Case

CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply

Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4600+ Socket AM2 (89W)

ATI Radeon X1650 PRO PCI Express 512MB DDR Video Card

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6V250F0 250GB Serial ATA (3.0Gb/s) 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer

Asus M2R32-MVP 580X CrossFire Sempron/Athlon 64(FX)(X2) SktAM2 DDR2 ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA

LG Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-ROM E-IDE/ATAPI DVD-ROM Drive Model GDR-8164BK

SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology

Win XP- Media Edition

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hi there.

Have you checked the Core 2 Duo E6300? It'll just be quite better than the X2 4600 by the price : performance ratio. :D

Also, are you gaming or doing graphics design? Rest of the PC specs are fine, except change the DVD burner - you might want to get a LiteOn. Samsung opticals are not really good.

3. XJBluto

XJBluto Newbie

Thanks for the feedback

I have been loyal to AMD for a long time. Just retired an Athlon 64 2800 that I could Oc like a big bear . Thing was stable and quick. I am sold on AMD. Intel makes a good chip, but for me, it's like Chevy vs. Ford, etc. I AM AN AMD MAN.
    AT any rate, my home theater system is Samsung and I bought their burner , hopefully to avoid anything burned in my PC not playing in my DVD player in my TV Rack. I play a great deal of Quake 3 and 4, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell and now Vegas, Some Half-life. I am very happy with this setup and it is very stable, cool and the video is awesome. The X1650 GPU was not the highest rated, but I will soon slide another in the SLI PCI express x16 slot and it will smoke . I am also sold on ATI, having been into Radeon cards for several years. This was a good choice for my budget and for the performance I needed.:mrgreen:
    Thanks again for the feedback

4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Looks good but you could use a video card boost in the future for sure.

5. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Looks good, but as for being sold on a specific company, I go with whoever has the better performance for what I need, and can afford. I have an nVidia card now, but before I had an ATI. IMO, when it comes to computers and their hardware, I look at it using the fallowing rules :
    1. What is it going to be used for.
    2. What offers the best price VS performance.
    3. Is it for a job or not.

The last one is because of some fine tuning I do changes if it's for a job. I fallow all specs and rules with a job, but if it's for family, a friend, or myself, I tune the heck out of it. IE. Changing the way surveces run. (Automatic, manual, disabled)

If I had the money, I would have a nice 4 GB system now running Vista 64. But, even when I do get to Vista (won't be for a few years because I want to have a new MOBO, CPU, video, and more RAM for it) I won't have that power I want so I need to evaluate everything company's offering's to the cost of things. I love my current system, I think I had it for 3 years now with minor changes. But it's time is coming. It's a solid 32-bit system I can sell and get decent money for either in parts or as a whole.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I agree with 1031982. What's the point of being a fanboy? Isn't it better to take advantage of better performance/price, instead of just sticking to one? I honestly don't see the point of getting AMD now.

7. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Good setup for gaming..

But since you bought a fairly good computer, you should have bought some non-value RAM.. should make a difference, not huge, but some..

8. XJBluto

XJBluto Newbie

That Ram was tested with CPU and MOBO. THey both validated and recommended

That Ram was tested with CPU and MOBO. THey both validated and recommended. Kingston was a name I could trust.:D

9. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Well, with RAM I like brands I know of than have good ratings. Good ratings everywhere, about 5 sites minimal saying it's good and stable. I say spend more on a good board, CPU and PSU. Even go overboard on the PSU as a precaution. Fallowing my system on RAM keeps things in order. I fallow that system for everything else.
    As for fallowing recommended parts, I tend not to care too much. If something is stable and is well known tends to work without problems.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

AMD's sockets keep changing. I can't just keep track of it. After that they want a Socket AM2+ or an AM3.

At least Intel's 775 is still THERE. Just like the 440BX chipset days, where the Slot 1 goes quite well with even the Pentium III processors for the Pentium II rigs.

Y'see, even the 865GV boards supports the E4300. Many good (and hybrids) are all from Intel boards. Eh, I can still use a E4300 (if it's cheap) on a retrofitted new 865G board and still provide some gaming pleasure (too bad it's not PCI-E anymore!) :D

11. XJBluto

XJBluto Newbie

AMD chips are the bomb

12. ianho

ianho Newbie

Pictures man, pictures. Show us sum pictures of ure pimped rig. :dance: Anyway, the AMD X2 is ok. I had a Conroe CPU too but it didn't make any difference to my gaming needs. Didnt improve things 1 bit. So I sold the Conroe off n stuck with my good ol AMD X2. :thumb:

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

there are better choices.
    but still, ur new PC is GOOD SHIT! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

welcome to arp