Re: x264 HD Benchmark

Discussion in 'General Software' started by graysky, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I think ver 2.0 would be a good idea and set to try it out here :D

2. graysky

graysky ARP Reviewer

We could, but my only hesitation is that, to me, when something goes from 1.x to 2.x it's a pretty major rebuild. Strip away the UAC detection and it's more or less version 1.2 :)

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok, nearly finished. But I have a few things that I can't do.
    What I managed to do (testing now):
    I'll try more tomorrow. Any inputs would be much appreciated. ;)

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok, should be done. Give it a try and comments please. :)

Do test it with UAC turned on and off. Thanks! :D

x264 HD Benchmark v2.0 Beta

Changes done (not much really):-
    Run [x264_benchmark-720p.vbs] now instead.
    - If detected Vista with UAC on, will prompt user about it and ask to disable
    ---> If YES, script will activate the current user's option screen, user need to disable it manually and restart. After restart, rerun vbs file again.
    ---> If NO, script will prompt message saying that "UAC is not disabled. Benchmark aborted."

- If OS=Vista and UAC disabled, will autorun benchmark
    - If OS=XP, will autorun benchmark

After benchmark:
    - If Vista, after opening report, will run [enableUAC.vbs] and prompt user this message.
    ----> If YES, will prompt...
    -----------> YES, will prompt "Please save all your work and press OK to restart." (pressing OK will reboot system)
    -----------> NO, will prompt "Restart aborted. Please restart manually for UAC to take effect."
    ----> if NO, UAC remains disabled and script quit.

Hmm.. I think that's all. :D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Update: I got the benchmark batch file to autorun after UAC is disabled and system restarted by adding it to the Startup folder. But unfortunately, if avisynth is not installed, the batch file will close automatically. Dang... wasted. :faint:

So, I guess if nothing is wrong with the one uploaded above, that will be all from me. :D

Been a pleasure although it's quite simple. :mrgreen:

6. Mac Daddy

Cool will give it a try later today :mrgreen:

7. graysky

graysky ARP Reviewer

Good job dude! I'd test it out, but I don't have a Vista system :)

8. Mac Daddy

Working fine here guys I tested with UAC disabled and then actually used the option Dash created to turn UAC on for the second test. On the second run all the prompts came up and used the batch file to reboot the system.

Manually selecting to run the benchmark after reboot isn't really a big issue Dash so unless a real simple fix presents itself I would chalk that up as insignificant ;)

So all clear here good work guys :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Whoops! Sorry, I didn't see this. We released it as Version 2.0 yesterday! :wall: :wall:

10. Mac Daddy

Sorry to bump an old thread but saw this on another forum yesterday. Not sure if this will help but posting it anyway :mrgreen:

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nice find! But I'm not sure if it would help. :think:

12. Mac Daddy

Not sure either I played with it last night. I had to restart the OS to use this account not sure if it can be accessed without doing so. It does what it says no UAC on anything. Perhaps Dashken and Graysky can let us know its over my head lol :mrgreen:

13. graysky

graysky ARP Reviewer

I dunno man, I won't run Vista on my machines so I can't test it. Maybe Dash will look at it.

14. Mac Daddy

Ahh yes that's right too I forgot. I am sure he will let us know if its applicable :)

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

16. Mac Daddy

OK I liked the idea of being able to enable and then disable the privileges in script but wasn't sure if it could be used in the program code. On the other method keep us posted sounds great :thumb: