Recommendations for 5.1 Speakers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sherren, Nov 24, 2007.

?

Which You guys think is better

1. Logitech X-540

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Creative Inspire T6060

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sherren

sherren Newbie

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Unfortunately, I'm not an audiophile. Must see what the audio gurus here think... :D

3. sherren

sherren Newbie

:D at least do vote, dont k now which one to get :shock: :nuts: .

saw the Altec Lansing VS3251, dont seem interested in that , :silenced:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

HAHAHA!!! OK!

1 person likes this.
  5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Voted here am a musician so yes I have a mixing board on my puter desk and a power amp running my studio monitors I use as fronts. Have a rather interesting desktop area here :beer:

I am looking for a nice 7.1 setup though so following along running this card ...

X-Plosion Soundcard - C-Media CMI 8770 PCI Sound Card - Auzentech, Inc. Sound Cards. Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

Sherren on Creative hope your not running Vista ... Vista + Creative = Death :eh:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  6. sherren

sherren Newbie

i see , but im still using Xp so it will be fine, i saw some update driver for vista for creative :think:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Vista PWNs all sound cards except the 'real' xfis.

Due to the removal of HAL it rendered everything else that doesn't support OpenAL paper weights.

The Auzentech XFis are interesting though. HMM!

I need one of those (mainly due to optical out at the rear and nicer DACs) for an upcoming project (Marantz SR-4002 + Paradigm Mini Monitor + Paradigm PDR-10 = win - but still a while more till I get there - other priorities).

I'm kind of an audio nut (and budding guitarist LMAO! - I need some miracle gro though).

I voted btw, some people call me biased with logitechs (but I really am not - I just like em better). But I do dislike creative speakers. :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I saw a WTS ad for a pair of Paradigm Atoms with stands for S$250, the guy is going to call me back in a couple of hours :haha:

/off-topic :p

I quite like Altec Lansing when it comes to PC speakers, I think they tend to sound a bit better than competing products. But having said that, I do own the VS3151 and the subwoofer is quite pathetic - all boom and no definition. Don't know if they've improved it in the 3251 :think:

9. sherren

sherren Newbie

Thanks for the vote, defitnely im going for Logitech :mrgreen: :drool:

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Hey didn't know you played guitar thats cool ... been playing 27 years here and when my brother gets some time we are going to finish up recording for our current project Desolation Machine:cool:

That off topic too lol .. ohh well I looked around a bit last night the logitech I think is your best bet sherren. On XP and Creative thats cool but they have a long way to go on Vista ... haven't heard much feedback on Auzentech cards and Vista to be honest *shrugs* I am awaiting SP1 to install Vista

11. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I think now the result tell which one u should go for enjoy :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  12. sherren

sherren Newbie

sure, 2 more days to go , Pc Fair :roll:

13. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hhaa no wonder.. PC fair.. i think is time for me to drop by after my last visit to PC fair is 3 years ago...:think:

14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm nothing much to buy except couple of 4GB CF card this time. Hmmm

15. Spot

Spot Newbie

I know I am supposed to choose among the 2, but I strongly suggest the Megaworks 550 :)

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Those are well beyond that price point. :o

17. sherren

sherren Newbie

Thread can be removed liao, Thanks , already decided to get Logitech X-540 tomorow as already check other forums Logitech X-540 gets the most vote :drool:

18. Mantrhax

Mantrhax Newbie

I own a Logitech 5.1 System a long time, about 2-3 years, and im really happy with....

19. cvasquez

cvasquez Newbie

Most of the 5.1 out there today will generate a good sound.
    Most companies with nice brands will not let you down if you go 5.1. They will generate a good sound.

20. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

5.1 speaker is for gamer, ask yourself, are u a gamer? somemore, do u have to space to put it?