Rev. 7.6 Of The Definitive BIOS Optimization Guide Posted!

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup! We just posted a new revision of the BIOS Optimization Guide!

The new Revision 7.6 BOG comes with the following updates :-

- Auto Turn Off PCI Clock Pin
    - Boot To OS/2
    - CPU Hyper-Threading
    - DBI Output For AGP Trans
    - Disable Unused PCI Clock
    - Hyper-Threading Technology
    - Primary Graphics Adapter
    - Delayed Transaction
    - PCI 2.1 Compliance
    - PCI Delay Transaction

As mentioned earlier, one of the most important update is the PCI Delay Transaction BIOS feature. My original contention that it is an ISA-bus specific BIOS feature is wrong!

I have been doing some intense research on it for the last few weeks and I have finally come up with the final word on PCI Delay Transaction! So, please pass the word along. It is important that everyone's assumptions about this BIOS feature be corrected.

And if anyone of you know of any new or uncovered BIOS options, please feel free to post them here according to the format stated there. That will really help me process them faster.

Thanks!

2. lung

lung Just Started

On the PCI Delay Transaction option, u mentioned something about PCI 2.1 compliant. How do I know if my cards r PCI 2.1 compliant?

Actually I have only one PCI card (my sound card) which is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy DE. So is this card PCI 2.1 complaint?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it should be. I'm using SB Live! DE.

4. lung

lung Just Started

Thanks!

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Basically, the term PCI 2.1 Compliance has been loosely used to cover PCI devices that support Delayed Transactions. If your card supports Delayed Transactions, then it is considered PCI 2.1 compliant, as far as this BIOS feature is concerned.

Yes, your SoundBlaster Live! DE should be PCI 2.1 compliant. Usually, it will be stated in the specs.