Reviews on Hi-Fi 3D Technology>?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by jackcoke, Jun 23, 2013.

1. jackcoke

jackcoke Newbie

hey guys im just new here and...

I just wanna ask whats with Hi-Fi 3D technology motherboard?:confused:

im a little clueless and I wanna know how does it works and their advantages. honeslty it sounds attractive! but is it pricey?

im hearing this brands Biostar Z87x ver.5.0, Msi Z87 GD65, and this Asrock.. which is working well for good cost and benefit? are this motherboards focusing for gaming purpose?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's basically a "hyped up" onboard sound solution. If you want better sound quality, you may want to consider these. But other than that, it may not sound any different to you.

3. danroo11

danroo11 Newbie

i just got a board like that lately and i dont know yet to say anything bad about it. I am quite happy with it. The sound is really good. :dance:

4. Chai

What board are you using now? Just curious.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

These software 3D audio solutions are designed to simulate the perception of 3D spatiality from stereo audio inputs. It's not going to sound as good as a proper surround sound system but it will be better than stereo.

Chai, remember Aureal's A3D technology? :D

6. danroo11

danroo11 Newbie

I got the A85W.

@ Adrian: i am not sure if you can compare those. For sure the sound here is much more than simple stereo enhancement. :boohoo:

7. Adrian Wong

I actually have a 3D stereo headset from Razer and it definitely provides a more immersive experience than standard stereo headphones but it still uses just a simple stereo input.

It actually does a very decent job for the limited hardware. Anything more will require a proper surround sound set up, which isn't cheap and requires space.

8. jackcoke

jackcoke Newbie

hey guys. thats by far more information than i exptected :D

anyway the only thing i learned is that the features are a hype:roll:

is there no objective review on that which really give a good idea or comparison?

@ adrian: the headset sounds really cool. What i understand is, it should work even better if the motherboard supports 3d audio?

9. Adrian Wong

Actually, no. It runs off its own USB-based 3D audio module. To the computer, it appears like a separate 3D audio card.

Well, I wouldn't say it's hype. It's a subjective thing. If you play first-person shooter games, it should give you a more immersive experience, and arguably better directionality.

However, it isn't as good as true 3D audio that the games support. This is a kind of pseudo-3D audio that is created from 2D audio, so it won't be as accurate as true 3D audio.

10. Chai

I never knew there are still simulated 3D audio around. Frankly, I'm more interested with a number of things manufacturers are doing right now, like built-in headphone amp for higher ohm headphones, 'separated' audio circuit. I think this is done in the high end MSI motherboard.

11. danroo11

danroo11 Newbie

actually the Hifi motherboards have a Pre AMP that makes it possible to use high Ohm headphones directly on the motherboards audio port. :idea:

1 person likes this.
  12. Adrian Wong

Ahhh! Now that I didn't know. +rep! :thumb:

13. jackcoke

jackcoke Newbie

thank you for all your replies, guys. Its really a big help:thumb:

14. tytyty

tytyty Newbie

Actually, overclocks have a review of the new Z87X out giving the board an award.

BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Z87X 3D Motherboard Review | Overclockers