Rock Salt or Sea Salt

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Received yet another stupid hoax mail from a relative. Check it out :

Needless to say, all that is UTTER NONSENSE. I replied to my relative :

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I love salty food!:shifty:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

They sell normal salt and iodized salt here :mrgreen: Both the same price :thumb:

4. JTech

JTech Newbie

I thought this was a discussion of which was best for cooking. We use Kosher salt.

5. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I can't even get past the first sentence. :haha:

6. mathew7

mathew7 Newbie

So water content was 6%? That means she was a stiff. According to wikipedia , lowest figure is 45% when combined with obesity. 60% is normal and 75% is reached only by newborns (who lose it in the first 10 years).
    Also, I'm don't believe he managed to measure the bloodflow so quickly. The other 2 symptoms (salt and potasium) I don't know what are the correct numbers, but I'm sure if these numbers were true, the person would NOT be living......Although I can't say anything for zombies / undead. I don't think anyone has managed to get close enough to make such analysis.

PS:no, I'm not a MMORPG player, but I did play some games and see some movies, but I prefer sci-fi myself.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! You are so right. I didn't bother with most of the pseudoscience mumbo-jumbo because the first 2 paragraphs were bad enough. The rest was "indigestible"! :haha:

8. Vadakyis98

Vadakyis98 Newbie

For the most part, the various grades of salt are all the same; chemically most are greater than 99% sodium chloride, but the structure varies widely. Simple table salt consists of small, compact cubic grains, while kosher salt has a much more irregular structure and a larger surface area. Popcorn salt is ground salt that dissolves very quickly. Rock salt is just that, large chunks of sodium chloride. These differences in structure can cause a significant change in the perceived flavor of the salt and its usefulness for particular recipes. The speed with which it dissolves is also very important, with finer salts such as pickling salt even dissolving readily in cold liquid.

Table salt also contains anti-caking agents to allow it to flow freely, and sometimes contains very small amounts of iodine.

Sea salt, which is made from evaporating seawater, also varies considerably. Because there are impurities in the water, each sea salt has a unique taste and is prized in different cuisines or for different applications. Sea salts often tend to cost considerably more than other kinds of salt; however, in areas with large seawater evaporation industries the "table salt" in local stores may actually be sea salt.

2 people like this.