Router Mysteries

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Eldanor, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

Lan Controller? how to do that? btw... will updating firmware get rid of this problem?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just go to Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Realtek RTL8139 NIC (example).

There should be an Advanced tab. In there, you should be able to change Link Speed or Link Mode. Change it to 100 Full Mode or something like that.

3. Adrian Wong

BTW, you can also try updating the router's firmware. Whether it works or not, is another matter altogether.

But it should clear up some bugs and maybe include some improvements.

4. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

so.. how'd i start updating firmware?

5. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

and all i see in the Advanced tab is MediaType : Auto_config and Network Address : Not Present , none other

6. Adrian Wong

LOL! For that, you will need to consult your router manufacturer. :mrgreen:

But basically, you need to download the latest firmware from their website, log into the router and use the included flash utility to upgrade the firmware.

Then after that is done, power off the router and back on again. Your router will be using the new firmware.

7. Adrian Wong

What options do you have for Media Type? :think:

How about posting a screenshot over here?

8. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

Alright then

heres a pic for PC1
    [​IMG]
    and this is PC2
    [​IMG]

Reminder : The one that has problem is PC1... just a reminder

9. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

waw.. guess wad .. i bumped into a network engineer and a system consultant... and i think you know how my story ends right? :p

10. Adrian Wong

LOL!! As long as it's a happy ending! :mrgreen:

But if possible, do let us know what the problem really was and the solution. Always great to learn something new. :thumb:

11. Eldanor

Eldanor Newbie

its just a wet blanket... my computer was infected so badly with trojan horses until it almost occupied all my bandwidth thats why i keep sending data but not receiving any. It made me almost couldnt get on the net. Remember when i said i could get on the net a while then after that i couldnt already? its because the trojan horse was too busy occupying the whole thing that i get nothing... haha... basicly just my fault.. btw careful about all the websites like www.msn.com , sometimes it contains trojan horse... the probability is low but the first website i visited was msn right after i reformat my computer

extra note : the network engineer and system consultant told me if a spyware is used legally(like hell theres a way to use it legally) its considered as a legal spyware -.-

12. Adrian Wong

Woah... What trojan horse was it?? :shock: