router problemsss.. AGAIN..

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by NeoSquall, Oct 14, 2007.

1. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

yes.. my router has never ending problems haunting me.. one problem is solved.. and this is another problem..

ever since my problem of not being able to connect the router is solved.. now this problem appears... it disconnects itself.. when its under load like Im downloading with many kbps going on.. it can suddenly appear sayying that my network cable is disconnected.. and then after 1sec.. it connects back and it goes back to normal operation..

it is very irritating especially when you are downloading something that you can resume.. anyone know what is wrong with the router? thank..

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It looks like the router restarted. If I were you, I would upgrade to a better one.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

If your router supports DD-WRT or OPENWrt, I'd flash it with those firmwares as they are way more stable :)

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

If you're downloading something over BT, limit the number of peers (below 100 - global) and uploads (set some aside for browsing and the BT).

My old router used to do that until I limited the max number of peers. I would have to reset it every now and then. My new router isnt giving me any trouble though.

5. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

okie.. will try to limit the peers.. if still no use.. will try to flash.. if not supported and doesnt work... I'll do like what chai said.. too much problems dy.. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

many thanks!!!

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

And remember to limit the down and up speeds as well. Plenty of uTorrent guides out there that show you how.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup... You should try limiting the number of connections you are allocating to your P2P clients.