Samsung SGH-L760 Mobile Phone User Logs

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by rusty, Oct 21, 2007.

1. rusty

rusty Newbie

bummer, what if i want to blog a wall of text? 50 characters just don't cut it. SMS is already 150 characters.

so, the problem here lies with shozu and not the phone?

speak of shozu, other phone types are supported as well. so technically, we aren't looking at the only mobile blog phone.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, asking them about it. 50 characters is really too short. :(

Well, he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Will let you guys know as soon as I do.

Yup, I think it's just one of the phones that ship with ShoZu inside. Or at least the first Samsung phone to ship with it.

3. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

do remember that any thing uploaded with Shozu will have that shozu image haunting it. :)

50 characters.... hrmm goldfries is already 24 characters. so you have sufficient space to add < a href= " " > and < / a >

so it comes to about 41. so there's 9 characters left for the link name.

4. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Ok. Here's a wacky solution.

Write your blog entry on a piece of paper in large handwriting, then snap a photo of it with the L760. Then, upload! :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! That's one way around it. :thumb:

But they really need to look into the character limitation... :think:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I'm tested ShoZu with my W810i and found that it's not quite a blogging tool la. It's more of a Photo/Video sharing application that interfaces with the major blog/photo/video sharing sites.

Unfortunately, it does not work well with my blog which is based on Serendipity Weblog which supports Metaweblog API even though ShoZu is suppose to support that API. It's just like GOldfries experience... uploads perfectly without error... but no idea where it went to.... don't seem to be anywhere on the server!

In fact, I found that using a pop3 fetcher plugin works better for me to moblog (mobile blog) from my phone to my blog.

Hmmm IMHO, they should have included a much more comprehensive bloggin solution. An actual blog client rather than just bundle this already free software that you can download anyway from the web.

7. goldfries

sorry. phone no autofocus, it makes my handwriting look worse.

the phone IS NOT a blogging solution, neither it is a mobile blogging device. It's a mobile picture sharing device that interfaces with blogs, 1 picture per post and the uploaded picture is small leh.

What da heck is blogging if I can't put text?

8. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

the 50 character limit is quite limiting. have to rely on the photos to tell the story that way.

9. goldfries

Souhhhhh........ if i have X number of pictures to tell story, it will come up to X number of posts. :)

10. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

maybe wat they meant by mobile blogging is sumthing like this:

"Look wat i saw just now!

<picture attachment>"

you know, maybe you saw an UFO, and wanted to post it real fast, not actually doing a real post.

11. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Yeah. I guess you are right.

If you all have seen the L760 newspaper ad, you'll know what I mean. :mrgreen:

12. Adrian Wong

Yup, looks like that's what the SGH-L760 is really designed for - a quick way to upload a photo to your blog, or at most a quick way to blog short messages.

According to Lawrence, the L760 is currently limited to 50 characters. But he's looking to see if it can be extended to 2,000 characters via a firmware update. Newer Samsung models will be able to support 2,000 characters.

13. rusty

rusty Newbie

ooooooo..... do we get to tryout the new phones then? :p

in the mean time, i guess it can be named as a mobile flicker phone XD

14. goldfries

mobile photo sharer for now.

quite disappointed now
    1. 3G no support for Mac
    2. blogging limited. it's not even blogging la. just photo sharing.

15. Adrian Wong

In future TT session??? :wicked:

From Lawrence :

16. rusty

rusty Newbie

I guess that they over market the term blogging there.
    Anyways, i really like this phone. the menu is very responsive, looks stylish, and tough since it survived my drop test :p

my complaints so far:
    1) really limited characters for "blogging"
    2) camera quality bare-able, SE W850 non auto focus camera produces better quality pictures.
    3) camera software laggy, especially when starting/loading and when photo was taken.
    4) there's this one bug i discovered where after you unlock the key lock via the [--] buttons, first left then right. the confirmation message "key unlock" with the option "OK" on the right [--] button. but when the right [--] button is pressed, the confirmation message didn't go away, but rather timed out on its own. but... when pressing the center O button instead of the right [--] button, the confirmation button instantly disappear. this is my first samsung phone, so i'm not sure if all samsung phones are like that.

==added==
    phone just died

forgot to charge it :p

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  17. goldfries

hrmm. i just realize that. i thought it was slow response from the confirmation OK.

here's another bug
    1. change SLIDE SETTING, SLIDE DOWN set to CONTINUE OPERATION
    2. now close the phone and wait for it to LOCK
    3. once it's LOCKED. press the UNLOCK using [--] you'll see that no confirmation appears and it functions as MENU > SELECT > SELECT all the way even though the text there was still UNLOCK.

here's also 2 other things I just found out.
    by closing the slide portion - sometimes it offers to lock and sometimes it doesn't. strange.

last time it offers to lock, and when it does offer the lock. that's when the bug occurs.

strangely as i type this, it never offers to lock anymore. just wait for it to go into standby mode, and the bug doesn't occur.

:nuts:

and btw guys, how do you lock this phone? the only way i do it is with the slider. so let's say after i view SMS without pushing the slider up, i have no idea how to lock it. it's not like nokia or whatever where a few buttons to lock it.

this one, i had to open and close the slide to lock it again.

18. goldfries

oh another thing. if the slide setting was set to STOP OPERATION, please don't close the slide until the SMS is done sending.

19. Adrian Wong

LOL!! That's really funny! :haha: :haha:

20. rusty

rusty Newbie

Yeah, forgot about that one too. when i close the slide while sending SMS, it terminates and move the SMS into the outbox. funny thing though, there's no "CANCEL" option when the SMS is being sent. guess the only way to cancel sending of sms is by closing the slide.

as for key lock with the slider closed, it automatically lock when the phone is in standby/energy saving mode (LCD off) when you leave it long enough. well, mine does.

==added==
    just remembered about the battery lifespan.

lifespan: more than 48 hours
    usage: always on
    bluetooth on time: approx 12 hours
    accumulative talk time: 1 hour (on bluetooth and without bluetooth)
    vibrate: no
    ring volume: increasing
    screen brightness: lowest
    numpad backlight: yes

comment: Battery meter still using the old fashion bar system. hard to gauge how long a bar can last. no % battery life left. I prefer the one on my K750i the best. not only it's colored coded, you can also see % battery life left with a simple push of a button.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007