Seagate 7200.11 500gb sata

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by diggiddi, May 2, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think you are referring to the IBM Deskstar HDDs before they were bought over by Hitachi. We used to call them Deathstars. :mrgreen:

2. Cyberwarrior

Cyberwarrior BOG Translator

I am using one as main drive right now,has never let me down.:roll: :beer:

3. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Yeah i've also used many drives while most failures were Seagates in my case & 1 WD failure but no Hitachi failure till date.I prefer Hitachis over Seagate.

4. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

just bought one today~! 500gb 32mb cache sata2 for S$130~! :wave: :wave:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hey there, sunsetbay! :wave: :wave:

Congrats! What brand is it? :mrgreen:

6. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

i got the seagate. was caught in between WD & seagate but eventually decided to give seagate another try since the review favour the seagate 500gb~! :confused:

7. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Seagate's .10 & .11 has improved a lot than the previous 7200.9 series.Specially the .10 based 250GB drive which i'm using now is a very fast drive because of the PR technology & having a single platter also should last more than the drives with 4-5 platters.Although the .10 250GB Seagate runs pretty fast but it's still 5-6C hotter than my other Hitachi drive.Anyways, anyone tried the WD VelociRaptor drives yet ? They are supposed to be the fastest drive ?

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

is this drive good? I'm currently deciding on getting a new hdd and had this model in mind :D

9. hjlavery

hjlavery Newbie

I have a heap of drives, mainly WD and Samsung (and 400 or 500gb) and I have found that unless I actualy run a benchmark I cant tell the difference most of the time.

That said, over the years I have killed less Samsungs then anything else :lol: