Several questions about vista 32

Discussion in 'General Software' started by dukeman, Jun 16, 2007.

1. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

I just got Vista 32 Ultimate and i have a question.

Can you OC your 8800 gts with vista? i have tried several different programs to oc and none of them work.

Plus i thought i purchase that cool looking view program, the one with the multi screens that you can click on but i cant find it. i think it is called aurora or something like that.

thanks

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think you can use nVidia nTune software to do it :think:

3. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

thanks, that worked.
    i have duel boot with xp home and vista to set the record straight.

now how do i get into safe mode. i hit tab and it does that memory test, if i hit F8 like in xp nothing happens

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm u mean the 3d flip thing? press windows key + tab

5. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

7. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

thanks. if i took more then 2 seconds to read his post i would of seen that. it is cool but doesnt seem to have a real purpose besides looking neat.

now if ea/nvidia can figure out how to fix the memory error in bf2142 i would be a real happy camper.

8. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

how do i get into safe mode with a dual boot. f8 is no longer working since i installed vista

9. zy

if you have dual boot you should be able to see 2 options to choose which OS .. from there, there should be an advanced option by pressing a key ..

unless, you are using a different boot loader

10. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

it says press F8 for advanced options but nothing happens when i press it.

i am using whatever vista installed for booting program. this is annoying the crap out of me

11. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

i found a work around for it.

i have to start loading the operating system that i want to use and then after the windows thing pops up i reboot and then when i start over i get the opition for safemode. works for xp and vista

12. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

One thing about Vista that I do hate. Whenever you swap hardware, you need to reactivate windows. :\ It'd be easy if it was as easy as activating it online... BUT NOOOOO! I gotta call and talk to an off shored person to reactivate it... :doh:

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, they want to ascertain that you are really upgrading your hardware, and not installing it on another system. :doh:

15. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

i got a oem copy that is always activated so that is not a problem for me.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Actually the OEMs lock the copy onto your hardware. Mine is retail.

17. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

then i guess i would just reload vista.

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Eh, I don't think so. OEM copies don't seem to need activation or reactivation. :think:

19. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think for OEM, if you try to install it on other machines, it just wont work. :p

20. zy

OEM copies no need activate ? :think:
    i dont even know mine is what.. i only know its express upgrade & i need to activate ;p