Sheryl Crow, PET Bottles & Dioxin

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Received this e-mail today. It's about Sheryl Crow claiming that drinking bottled water left in a hot car caused her breast cancer. Check it out :

There's a second part to this e-mail, which appears to be cut from a separate "article" :

If you haven't guessed it by now, this is yet another hoax mail that has been circulating in one form or another for years. It's ridiculous how folks continue to believe such nonsense and keep this hoax alive by forwarding it! :wall:

Anyway, let's dissect the claims one by one...

Well, I hope that clears up this nonsense! If you get this mail, do what's right - delete it!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

They are 'carpet cleaners'...:p :lol:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO, so they use her name to spam? :haha:

4. JTech

JTech Newbie

I'm amazed someone hasn't forwarded this to me yet but this is the first I've seen of this type of exciting news. Yes, everything is bad, don't eat or touch anything and you'll be fine.

5. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Bisphenol A is a real concern but that's usually a problem for hard plastic bottles, not the "soft" PET bottles used for drinking water.

If you buy baby bottles or one of those hard plastic water bottles, make sure it says BPA-free. If you are not sure, check the triangle recycling code. If the triangle has a number 3 or 7 in there, that bottle may contain Bisphenol A.