sighh...router problem

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by u suck.com, Aug 15, 2007.

1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i just bought this D-Link DI524 router...the prob is, the connection(wired&wireless) connection between my comp and router is cut off after around 10-20 mins or so. i have to turn the router off and back on to have my connection back on.

when the connection between my comp and router gets cut off, i cant even access the setup(192.168.0.1) page!!

what can i do?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Do you do P2P??? If you do, limit the number of connections used. Some routers cannot handle many simultaneous connections.

3. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

nope..that's definitely not the prob...

could my router be defective?

4. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i have the same router and it works fine at my house. wireless and all..

try updating the firmware to the latest version.

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I've had this problem before. never found out why. it's my notebook that wasn't 'compatible' with the router. it's weird. using other notebooks won't kill the connection. but when I start my notebook, it will kill the router after some time.

My solution? Buy another wifi router.

6. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

the thing is, i have the exact same router at home and my comp has no prob connecting to it...

right now i'm using the same comp in my condo and it has problems connecting to the router(wired connection) ..

besides, my all housemate's laptops' connection also gets cut the same way..

is it defective?

7. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

Is your modem that's connected to the router bridged?

Try changing the wireless channel as well

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Have you resetted the modem? Have you used the DLink configurator supplied in the CD provided? :mrgreen:

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yea. try sherwin's suggestion and change the channel. Better yet. go download netstumbler and see all the wifi signals that you can detect at your place and make sure u choose a channel that's not in use/

10. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Flash the firmware.. use openwrt :thumb:

11. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

well i got it exchanged and everythings fine now :D