slow loading of websites

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by NeoSquall, Jun 10, 2009.

1. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

Its been like a week.. why ah?

Im using the modem that tmnet offers.. no idea wat is it.. blue colour and with D-Link DIR-300.. connecting it through wireless connection.. my wireless adapater is TP-LINK TL-WN321G..

problem is my gf using her laptop that comes with the in-built wireless thing can surf faster than me sometimes..

is it a problem of my wireless adapter or tmnet is giving me a hard life?

had done a speedtest on my computer.. this is the result
    [​IMG]

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Thats some pretty high ping... o_0

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. That's a very high ping indeed. Usually the ping to a US server is around 300-350 ms. :think:

What IP range did you get? Personally, I've been having speed problems with the 60.xx IP range. I would just reconnect until I get 124.xx.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But surprisingly the speed is very good.

5. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

yeah.. it puzzled me too when I did my speedtest.. I was thinking that it will be some slow speed since waiting for the pic took sooo damn long..

when I download things from websites.. I get speeds like 50kbps.. but yet when it comes to loading websites.. its slow.. :S

most of the time I connect have 60.xxx ping.. will try to get 124.xxx

6. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

Im using 124.xxx ip now..

and you know wat..

[​IMG]

the ping is extra high but the speed is extra fast..

anyone can help? its very annoying to wait for the website to load when you know ur speed is so damn fast..

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

maybe its DNS configuration issue?

8. Adrian Wong

Wow... Your pings are extremely high! :shock:

Hmm.. Did you set the DNS servers correctly? Use 202.188.0.133 as primary and 202.188.1.5 as secondary.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nothing to do with DNS for sure.

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Shitmx's dns was having issue whole week..monday it was down and so was it last nite -_-" (update router's cfw) and ended up sleeping behind my room door to wait for the internet back own :haha: and i actually though i bricked my router :faint:

11. Adrian Wong

I think you should try doing a tracert to find out where the bottleneck is. Your pings are definitely much higher than what they should be.

12. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

funny thing is.. yesterday night it was all ok.. websites loaded very quickly.. ping is ok..

no idea wat happened.. :S..

I had that DNS on..

[​IMG]

but.. Im not on tmnet isp? wat is this core IP network development?! an outsource company for tmnet?

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think its part of telekom.

14. Adrian Wong

Wow.. That is a really weird problem. Did you call TM up about this? :think: