Smartphones or Handhelds?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Falcone, Jul 27, 2003.

?

Smartphone or Handhelds

1. PPC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Palm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Smartphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I personally did a lot of thinking here.....but I still prefer two instead of one.....

Pros of smartphones
    Definetly lesser weight to carry.
    GPRS...then again so can handhelds wif proper device.
    Cool looking.

Cons
    onces broken then you neither wif a phone or a handheld
    very 'the' small screen.
    no touchpad.

Anyone wanna add (I know peaz sure got something to add)

2. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I prefer to have 2 in 1 stuff.... I have a hard time carry a handphone and PDA 2gather at one time....

Hope i have $$ to replace these 2 stuff...

3. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Treo 8)

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

yes ... i agree with you .. once broken .. you have neither...

5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Seem tat less people get treo although they done a lot of marketting stuff... I believe coz of the price is too high, people rather get O2 than this....

6. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

how much is the O2 and how much is the latest Treo in the market?
    However from the review I read, O2 don't have high ratings from the reviewers.

The latest Treo 600 is attractive, but it is sad that they are still using a 160x160 low resolution screen, limited features, and limited specification.

however, the latest SonyEricsson P900 looks sweet, yes it is.

Whether I am one or two piece guy, I think I am a two piece guy, coz, when the PDA battery dies, the phone dies too

7. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

-means you got two piece to break if you own a phone and a pda? :lol:

-depends on which device, some have screen size that can compare with a pda screen size.

-the P800 and P900 have touchpad :dance:

I might a two piece guy, but I don't mind owning a smartphone ;)

8. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Long time din check 4 the price... I believe both almost at the same range... In term of look i will prefer the O2 May be i m a PPC supporter most of the time... I try on Treo b4, Ya it has some function in phone calling which O2 dun have, But the bigest problem is thier resolution as what u said also...

For P800 people claim that it reach until nearly 3k no point buying it..... Which is the most expensive compare with the another 2..... The P800 camera is bad anyway, i mean worst than a Nokia 3650.......

Hahaaa most of us here i believe is a 2 pieces guy... Anyway if the smart phone can improve thier battery life almost same with a handphone...I will go 4 one piece.....
    As known Pro : No need to carry to stuff all the time, charge only one device, Better phone function for smart phone...(for me)
    Cons : 1 mati = 2 habis.... Too heavy to carry if u just need a phone some times....

Anyway lets see what will they have 4 the new Smart Phone..

9. hamster9

hamster9 Newbie

I would still prefer PDA itself rather than a combo. Just wondering what happens if someone called you asking for your friend's phone number or maybe asking you when are you free and you have to ask him to wait while you go check on your PDAphone... :doh:

I prefer while talking tap on the PDA. Moreover the battery level runs dead, I can rely on my PDA to call my friends using the public phone (technology makes me even lazier in memorizing phone numbers) :whistle:

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

sorry falcone... been busy.. didn't realise this thread.. until now..

ok.. i'd personanly go for the smartphone now...

ah.. there's tonnes of reasons... but i'm now too busy to go thru them :) willpost again later... but here's might short thoughts anyway..

go for ur needs.. if u need a semi pda and a hp.. then smartphone combo

if u need full fledge pda... then pda + regular hp

if u dun need a pda... why bother???! LOL

11. netboy

netboy Newbie

Some smartphones are using Palm and PPC too. That poll has got a little mistake.

12. echunghua

echunghua Newbie

smsartphone seems to be a better choice now adays as they are more & more functions in it.. meaning we can carry only the smartphone & no need to carry a phone & an organizer/palm :) i think its a all in one gagdet

13. sonyclie77

sonyclie77 Newbie

I'll go for 2 devices, unless I get the XDA II, which IMO is the best smartphone around. :)