snatch thief in action

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Apr 6, 2011.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That is crazy... :faint:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Crazy...that's the junction I used to travel to school and my old work place everyday!

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I've seen nasty snatch theives video in Youtube. They are quick and daring.

I hope these guys get whipped in public if they are caught! :faint:

5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I think I would have rammed them into the other car and squashed them like bugs.:twisted:

6. gamerkidz

gamerkidz Newbie

That pillion (seat behind) is quick and nasty,he must have used some emergency hammer to break the window, then snatch the handbag(i guess)

I presume their pro in these stuff:mad:

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

They might be using a crowbar, or a brick for this job! :evil: :faint:

Plus, they ride a bike - which makes escape much easier!:wall:

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. That's the U-turn near Eastin Hotel! I use that road pretty often too... So did Jenny when she was working at PPUM... :shock:

I wonder how much these video recorders cost. If it's not too expensive, it might be good to install one in my car.

9. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Haha, you can always get a cheap old phone with removable storage card, then you can leave it on record mode and charge it with ciggy port.

Or be a little more geek and extract out details like RPM and speed, then overlay it on the video LOL

10. Adrian Wong

No la... If we want to do it, let's do it properly. Get recorders like the ones the cops use. :wicked: :wicked:

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

from what i hear some say even a spark plug + some technique can break the glass easily

that guy should be in sports, ultra lightning fast lol

12. Adrian Wong

Not if the window has a security film. The window will crack but it won't shatter into pieces.

Notice how they target older cars or smaller cars that usually don't come with security film installed on their windows.

13. Chai

I saw a brand new 3 series with broken glass on the passenger side, presumably, the same thing happened to her. So even normal tinted may not help.

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Front windscreen is laminated tempered glass glass, won't shatter as easily as side windows :p

Side windows of cars shatters on impact, they are tempered glass.

Tempered glass are strong, but not against point impact.

15. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Actually it did happen once, a lady got snatched she pursuit the thief with her car and rammed them, and kill them.

There is security film, while it's not full prove but it takes more than a few knocks to shatter the glass.

16. Chai

It's usually tempered glass, or laminated glass.

Tempered glass are actually very strong, stronger than laminated glass, but it will shatter the moment the glass is cracked, making it easy to snatch. Having a security film will make it acts like a laminated glass as the shattered glass will not fall into pieces so easily.

I'm not sure if laminated tempered glass is commonly used, but I doubt many cars use them.

17. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I dun think it's possible yet, tempered requires to be super heated and super cooled, the laminated sheet would no survived that.

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

My bad. I dont even know why did i say laminated tempered :wall:

Its just laminated, not tempered.

19. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

On the other hand, those who fit security film, have it occured to them that it may be the very obstacle that trap them in a burning car in an accident?

20. Chai

It is pretty unlikely to be trapped in the car caused by unbreakable glass, and if you are concerned, leave the front and rear of the glass without the security film.

It is more likely to be trapped by steering wheel or the front dash panel. If you are in such a serious accident, it's unlikely for you to be concious at that time to think about breaking the glass.