Sound Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by viewsonicxo1, May 16, 2006.

1. viewsonicxo1

viewsonicxo1 Newbie

Alright I got my PC up and running. Now the only problem is that sound only comes from one speaker and not both. I plugged it in the front and back and tried three different speakers, but still sound only comes out of one speaker.

2. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

What motherboard are you running? What sound card does it have and what driver are you using? Once we know this diagnosing it will be much easier.

3. viewsonicxo1

viewsonicxo1 Newbie

motherboard: msi pm8m-v
    soundcard: onboard
    driver: realtek ac'97

problem: no sound in left speaker. speakers are fine, tested it with IPOD. volume balance is centered and speaker plug is plugged all the way in. any suggestions on how to get the left speaker working?

4. Shorter

Shorter Newbie

Latest drivers in ?

5. viewsonicxo1

viewsonicxo1 Newbie

yes, i uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled the lastest one from their website. sound still only comes out of the right speaker. any other suggestions? i appreciate the help guys.. thanks

6. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

something wrong with the green port hole??:think: :think:

7. viewsonicxo1

viewsonicxo1 Newbie

I thought that too for awhile, but it doesn't seem to be loose. Could it be the MOBO or should I just buy a cheap soundcard?

8. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

could be..usually a speaker would either experience lower volume or improper output (your case) if the speaker cable is not inserted properly into the jack...you said that you've tested with other speakers so i think there might be something wrong with it... if its the case just go for a decent sound card:mrgreen: :mrgreen: onboard sound sux anyway:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited: May 18, 2006