Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by hyper_raider, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Bit of Star Wars trivia for you guys. DYKT: If the Millenium Falcon (Han Solo's ship) were to be built today, it wouldn't be able to fly because the aerodynamics are all wrong? :haha:

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

It doesnt require aerodynamics because it flies in space 99% of the time? It flies in atmooshpere with the help of repulsorlifts and engines, not the bernoulli principle? ;)

3. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Pizzas and cucumbers. I get hungry every time I see them :)

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!! :haha:

DYKT : You cannot hear sound in space. So, if we ever have space battles, it's a guarantee you will be very disappointed by the lack of the "piu! piu!" sounds from your laser guns! :haha:

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

For that matter, people aren't supposed to be able to breathe in space either :nuts:

But then again, this all takes place in a galaxy far, far away. Maybe it's different there... :think:

6. Adrian Wong

Actually, breathing in space is still believable because they can have pressurized cabins.

And look at the TIE fighter pilots. They carry their own oxygen supply. ;)

7. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Hehe, yeaps, they have pressurised cabins. And those open bays on Star Destroyers and Star Cruisers have magnetic containment fields to keep oxygen and the heat in.

8. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Yeah, as Max said, there's no air in space... :rolleyes:

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

OMG! I was having my breakfast while reading this and ended up spewing all my half-munched cornflakes over myself. LMAO

10. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Haha time capsule digger.

Look how time flies. Star Trek movie came out sequel comming soon, turn star trek into main stream. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Lucasfilm got sold to Disney, new Star Wars in the works. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

And my taste changes........DS9 best Star Trek Series ever.

I heard Clone Wars were good.

So more "piu! piu!"!!!!!

11. Adrian Wong

LOL! More piu! piu! indeed! I just hope it's the same piu! piu! and not a "shake up" like what Marvel did to Peter Parker... :haha: :haha:

12. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

It'll be better than George Lucas... that's for sure.

14. Adrian Wong

Hahahaha!!! Especially after he sold out to Disney. But then again, that may be the best thing he could have done.

I think he was so beholden to his legacy that he didn't dare to try anything new with the Star Wars franchise. So in a way, it's good that he has cut the Gordian knot so that someone else make take a fresh crack at the Star Wars universe. :D

15. Dong_Levera

Dong_Levera Newbie

Star Trek 2009 was good and I expect Into the Darkness to be better. But the general viewers who derides Star Trek for trying to emulate Star Wars, how would they react to this :haha: