Stop Sharing The Photos Of People In Cockpits Already

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

These pictures and comments have been circulating around Facebook for a few days now. I kept quiet because I thought, well, someone's gonna debunk it soon enough.

But no one did.

Instead, people just kept sharing it as if Malaysian pilots need to have their professionalism defended.

They don't.

Whatever Fariq Abdul Hamid did was his personal decision. It does not mean that all Malaysian pilots are opening their cockpit doors and pants for cute white girls they want to hump.

Folks with a functioning brain in their cranium get it. We shouldn't give a hoot about those who don't. We certainly shouldn't make up stuff just to "justify" our point of view, especially if it means demeaning other pilots... and for the wrong reasons to boot!

Now, let's get down to the truth, okay?

First Picture

[​IMG]

The first picture is a shot of a SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Christmas flight - "Taken in the cockpit from the last flight in December 2011. Martin Boxhill is the captain, Anders Haga copilot and Guro Skjeldrup as jump seat passenger. Guro is one of our photographers."

Yes, ladies and gentleman, this was a special CHARITY flight to bring Christmas joy to the orphans in Tallinn, Estonia, and the media (NRK) was at hand to cover it. The pilots were not trying to impress the Ms. Skjeldrup, as beautiful as she is.

You can read all about it @ Mstraveltipsy - Reiseblogg / Travel Blog: Tallin SAS Juleflyet 2011/ Christmas Flight

Second Picture

[​IMG]

The second picture is of Rihanna in a cockpit. FYI, she chartered the damn flight, okay?

In other words, she "owned" the plane for the duration of the flight. If I had that kind of money and chartered my own Boeing 777, you can bet your ass I'm going to visit the cockpit... just because I can!

Oh, she was only in the cockpit before take-off.

You can ogle more @ Rihanna: Cockpit on 777 Tour! | Exclusive, Jared Eng, Rihanna, Rihanna 777 Tour : Just Jared

Third Picture

[​IMG]

This is a picture of Barry Schiff, a 60-year old pilot on his last flight. As it so happened, it was Father's Day and his own son, Brian Schiff was his first officer on that flight. What better gift for a retiring pilot on Father's Day?

The guy in the middle? That's his son, Paul, who is also a pilot. You can read about Barry's last flight as a pilot for TWA @ Sentimental Journey by Barry Schiff

Fourth Picture

[​IMG]

This picture was taken from Flight Experience, a flight simulator that is open to young kids in Singapore and Hong Kong. See for yourself @ Flight Experience Singapore Store | Flight Experience Singapore

Fifth Picture

[​IMG]

This lady in her pyjamas is the Flying Tigress, Norah O'Neill - a pioneering female commercial pilot who flew large jet transports for Flying Tigers. That's her in her MD-11 over China in 2002.

You can read about her @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norah_O'Neill and Flight To Success: January 2012

Summary

I know that Jonti Roos has pissed many people off. She's just an attention whore looking for her 15 minutes of fame. But is there a need to malign other people, innocent people at that, just to prove her wrong?

No.

If you have to lie or embellish the truth, how does it make you any different from her?