Streamyx conspiracy

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by whizkid25, Mar 27, 2006.

1. whizkid25

whizkid25 Newbie

Hello all. I am just wondering, is streamyx really a broadband network as they say? Considering the inconsistent speed rate and comparing to that of other SEA countries like Singapore. Are Malaysians really getting what they are paying for? And if they are a million customers or so they claim, why is it that TM (formerly Telekom) is losing out? Well, I believe it should be "Let's Click and Wait".

2. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

this is Malaysia......wat do u expect?
    From time to time we always can hear them say doing upgrading....but....do u feel the diff?:roll:

by the way, this shud be in General discussion

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

It's not conspiracy. It's a widely known problem but no one dares to stand out and give them a piece of our mind. :D

This does not only happen to Streamyx but to Proton, public facilities in general and mostly extend to all government organizations and services. And it has been happenning for God knows how long. But what the heck... when the election comes, we still vote back the old government. Ya know.. we people are afraid of changes. :wicked:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Tried 'utorrent' last night. From Bitcomet's 5-10kb/s jumped to 70-80kb/s... :thumb:

Somemore Peaz has been using it for a while also never tell me... Grr... :wall: Wasted 1 month+ didn't download anything. :doh:

Hmm... and I've been wanted to change client, never had the time to do it until last night. :shifty:

1 person likes this.
  5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

utorrent is nice & small but too bad it wont run behind firewall .. so i had to use bitcomet in college .. but i love using utrrent at home :)

6. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

µtorrent ftw!! :D

7. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

humm ..why utorrent unable to use behind firewall ? incompatible ?

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

sorry i meant proxy servers.. :) .. they dont have the function :(

9. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Thanx for the heads-up Dashken, but somehow I don't know if it'll make a difference...

Just got µtorrent, ran a speedtest and... WTF??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wall: :wall: :wall: Streamyx is REALLY GETTING ME DOWN!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... so you try downloading with it already? :think:

11. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

why dont use azureus? my dl speed almost always 98 to 110 kbps.. and of course i dont surf while downloading..

12. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Please dont go off topic

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Sorry... :shifty:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

In Malaysia, consumer rights are almost non-existence...

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Umm.. If you are insinuating that the conspiracy is of Streamyx not being a real broadband service, well, I have to say that's totally not true. No matter how bad it is, it's really ADSL.

If there's any conspiracy, well, it's a conspiracy between our government and GLCs to maintain monopolies to ensure a large return from citizens. What the money is used for, well, that's really out of topic and frankly, a very sensitive issue.

But let's get back to Streamyx. Most users aren't aware that ADSL is no miracle. TMNet can give everyone a 10mbps connection today but will you actually get 10mbps or even 5mbps?

It's actually possible if you are accessing a local server on the TMNet network. But if you are accessing a server outside of the local network, then you are limited by TMNet's overseas connections.

In any case, it's important to remember that ADSL is only the method of delivering content from the nearest base station to your house. You are not getting ADSL from your house right to the US or Japan. :D

While I would love to have extra speed and I think we DESERVE more bandwidth for our money, I'm grateful to have broadband for its UNLIMITED access to the Internet. Getting stuck with dial-up will bankrupt me really quickly! :D

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

BTW, did you read about Lim Keng Yaik bringing TMNet to task for not improving broadband in the country. What's interesting is that he wants TMNet to provide 10mbps at affordable prices. :D