Streamyx for student users.. :P

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by zy, Sep 29, 2005.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hey guyz, my friend might be moving to apartments beside my college.. so they plan to get 3 units to share among us..

then we plan to get a 1.0Mbps streamyx line :p

so here is the problem .. streamyx has a minimum of 1year right ?:p
    we might ended up using 8 months only :p
    then we plan to get a wifi router too ..

do you tihnk it is worth it ? :think:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

But you'll have to pay the rest of the 4 months right? You better make sure you guys collect money first on the 8th month or else the one registering will eat sh!t. :haha:

Yeah, I think it's absolutely worth it. How can anyone live without streamyx? But how are you going to divide the bandwidth? :think:

3. vien

vien Newbie

Can you consider getting other ISP instead of Streamyx since you are only using for 8 months? :think: maybe they don't have this minimum 1 year subscription :)

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Just stop paying la after 8 months! You didn't use, they will suspend the account one mah.

5. zy

:p .. hehe :p other ISP .. what other ISP ? :haha:
    i'm in Nilai dude..

hmm .. i wonder 1Mbps for 12 people ok ar? :haha:

do you think its worth getting a wireless router ? :p
    most of them using laptop :p ..
    i'm the one using PC :haha:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Get wireless router la... easier. But you are not going to use it right? So, let them share and buy it then. :D

1MB for 12 people? Mine 512KB also not enough for 3 persons already. :doh: :haha:

7. vien

vien Newbie

ya they suspend you coz you didn't pay but still the amount will accumulate :twisted: so you end up with no Internet access but a few months' worth of payment :evil:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So, if you don't pay still... they will sue you? :think:

9. vien

vien Newbie

not sure about that though...:think: http://www.tm.net.my/html/htm/product_streamyx/streamyx-ann.htm

this is a snippet from the Terms & Conditions:
    the whole paragraph of Terms & Conditions is here:
    https://mips.tm.net.my/SelfCare/TermsAndConditions.jsp?id=1111862081196

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It depends on your usage. But 1mbps for 12 people isn't much, you know. :think:

On the other hand, if most of your friends actually use the Internet only for research, well, it should be good enough. Hehe.. :mrgreen:

But I think it would be better idea to get one Streamyx account for each apartment. Besides, how would you share the connection?

By WiFi? WiFi has a very limited range indoors. In my previous condo, I had to place it in the center for all rooms to have a good enough signal. Even then, the signal was not that great in the rooms because there was at least one wall in the way.

So, I don't think you will be able to share a single ADSL connection using WiFi unless you are all using WiFi-G perhaps? I've heard it has better indoors range but I haven't had the chance to test that out yet. :think:

11. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

my fren din't pay for nearly one yr...receive a lawyer letter :wicked: :wicked:

1mbps for 12? muahahahhaa!!!! surfing with 56k is faster! If one of them start to dl file....all other will suffer...:haha:

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

providing you guys dun download, it should be sufficient.
    otherwise, register 2 lines loh :D

13. zy

650-700 per apartment ..
    average of 4 person ..
    2 1MBps lines ar? .. wah .. no money la... hahahhaha..
    imagine 88 a month :wall: .. rotfl .. :p

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Get one 1mbps line for each apartment. RM 88 divided by 4 is only RM 22 per month!! :mrgreen:

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ya is really cheap what as Adrian said 22 per person, for sure not enough if 12 people sharing.. When time come you all will complain

"hei ah beng you download is it, i surf ARP forum so slow, dun download la....!!"

This going to happen hehe

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

88/6 = RM14.66 per person..not bad wert...
    what u expect?

88/12? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I don't think everyone will just do research. First of all, zy. Do you think you will only do research? :mrgreen:

18. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Thats going to be a big joke :haha: :haha:

19. zy

yea.. joke of the day :haha: ..
    but the problem will be .. the hubs or wifi router :wall:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

once streamyx comes, zy goes vivid :mrgreen: