Streamyx slowdown

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Jeremy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

do we have another isp instead of TMnet ?

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, especially those in KL. Jaring, Time's webbit, etc. :D

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Tried loading pages hosted locally and they were fast so I'm assuming it's a gateway problem for TM. But then again, my uploads for BT saturates the entire upload bandwidth I have but not the other way around. :( I'll see what happens after TM finish their maintenance exercise.

4. whizkid25

whizkid25 Newbie

Hello all. Ever since I came back from my holidays about a month ago, I noticed the slowdown. I didn't realise it only until when I was downloading a game from gamershell.com. I'm using FreshDownload manager and noticed that things would start up well at first, then slowly decreasing and finally no transfer rate; and the download percentage was only 1%! I thought it could be the server so I tried another site but still the same thing. The only way for me to finish downloading is I would have to abort the download and start again - really annoying :wall:. I also tried downloading the normal way with IE (without download manager) and still the same problem. This also happens to my dad's laptop. Perhaps it's the whole maintenance thing and all. However, the weird thing is that if I'm downloading from BitTorrent or Limewire everything is smooth. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Merging this thread with Jeremy's one.

Hey... I just notice streamyx is faster already. When I came back just now, I got 25kb/s download. Eh... damn, it's back to 5kb/s. :doh:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nope.. TMNet is still pretty bad at my place :(

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok, my upload/download for bittorrent seem to stabilized at 20-30s kb/s now. :D

8. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

It's fast for me.. (private tracker) easily maxed out my bandwidth, 80-90kBps

If you want to test speed, try the OpenOffice torrent HERE. You should max out regardless of your connection.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006