Streamyx

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by michie, Feb 6, 2006.

1. michie

michie Newbie

I filled the form for streamyx last month but they still dont come to my house and install for me. They said there got some some techinical problem at my living area so they will delay the installation.
    But I want to cancel the registration right now for some problem I got. Do you think the registration can be easily cancel before they make a installation at my house?
    Is it impossible to cancel the account if they already installed for me?
    Thanks you, everyone. I am new on cyber world. :)

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

as there have not been any installation or payment made, i'm sure you can cancel it with reason that it's been a month (normally 3 days, maximum 1 week).

probably there are no open ports available at your area so your own a waiting list...

3. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

go to TM Point, give your ic no. and they will check for you and you can cancel it from there..

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

There's no problem in cancelling it.

But if you want to get Streamyx fast, keep bugging them. Call up the area technician and bug his ass. Call him so many times that his wife thinks he's having an affair. That will speed things along. :thumb:

Best solution - get endorsement from a politician.. and they will suddenly discover a free port in your area. :roll:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yes, Adrian. I bugged the area technician and he fixed up the port within 3 days. I bugged/bothered him every day until I got that wire connected. He told me, "Hei, you can call back after 5 pm, maybe got line..."

I called back every day until he got fed up and plugged the port finally. :mrgreen: :nuts: :haha:

6. Adrian Wong

That's the spirit!!!! :thumb:

7. michie

michie Newbie

Hi Kay. I did what you said here and went to the TM Point yesterday and she just asked for my telephone number and she said she cancelled it.
    But at the evening about 7.45pm the worker from tmnet called, he said he want come to install the streamyx again. I told him:" hey I did cancel it this morning, how come they dont contact you?" He said no and he will check it again... :confused:

8. michie

michie Newbie

Haha Adrian you are funny! LOL
    Thanks anyway...

9. michie

michie Newbie

Thanks to YongGrand and aKho too!

10. Adrian Wong

Oh, well, that may be due to the fact that TMNet outsources installation to smaller companies.

It sounds like your installation request was already forwarded to the contractor. And the contractor was too lazy to check for updates before heading out.

It's not uncommon. The contractor who did my most recent connection was even too lazy to check the port (which was not working) and upgrade my connection to 1mbps (for which I was paying).

11. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Thanks. :mrgreen:

But on a serious note. It's true. :mrgreen:

I only managed to get my connection quickly was because I threatened to get endorsement from a local politician to push the application through.

This is Malaysia. Apa macam pun boleh. :roll: