Suggestions for My Rig!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NoFormz, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No worries. It works fine with current PCI Express motherboards. :thumb:

2. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

Cool. I think that the VGA will run perfectly fine in other PCIE 1.1 boards. Since all the scores and benchmarks were gotten from the PCIE 1.1 slots. XD Thanks a lot guys. I can't wait for December for my new rig. ~~~~ Sooo excited. Hahaha...

3. Adrian Wong

Yup! No worries. It will work fine with all PCI Express motherboards, whether it's PCI Express 2.0 or 1.1. :thumb:

4. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

OMG!! Just read the AMD-ATI editorial today!!! Do you think it's wise to wait for the new AMD Spider platform and the ATI Radeon HD 3800-series? Will the pricing be way over my budget?

5. Adrian Wong

Umm.. The AMD Spider Platform consists of the three new AMD-ATI components - the AMD Phenom processor, the ATI Radeon HD 3870/3850 and a motherboard based on the AMD 7-series chipset.

So, you can expect it to be pretty expensive since all three are new releases. The Radeon HD 3870 alone will cost $219 while the cheaper 3850 will cost $179. IMHO, buy what you can afford now. No need to wait for the AMD Spider.

We will have another editorial on the Radeon HD 3870/3850 vs. the GeForce 8800 GT out tonight. Be sure to read that! :D

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Never mind about the new platform first - stick to your original intended build. The new one will be very expensive and they are too new. Let them do a review first... :)

7. Adrian Wong

Yeah, don't worry about the new stuff. They won't be cheap and they may not be the best thing for you.

8. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

Alright. I'm rest assured now. XD