Supreme Commander

Discussion in 'Games' started by PsYkHoTiK, May 2, 2007.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

This is a pretty nice game. Only played it once so far with my brother (who loves the game to bits - RTS nut).

Well both of us now have dual monitors and we took advantage of the game's ability to use dual monitors. I must say that it does give an edge as the two screens are independent of one another.

The main screen is where u can click and move around some and the screen that wont scroll around but you can zoom in and out of and keep an eye on things (such as a base or defense) while you do what ever it is that needs doing.

however this game is quite the anti-job. LOL! I sat down and played on LAN and 4 hours zipped by.... :shock:

But yea. Me likies. But dual monitor = double the load on ur system. My system lags once there's tons of stuff on the map. Doesn't help that the maps are huge (we played on a 20km x 20km map - scale).

So yea, supreme commander is VERY demanding on hardware. :boohoo:

Attached Files:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That must be a cool game, really looking forward to it!

But I don't have two processors for the game so I might need to change later. :D

1 person likes this.
  3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I don't like it that much. It looks mighty weird and the graphics and units. Maybe it's my office's system, I don't know. :think:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

OT: Messy table! Woohoo! Rox0r!

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL! Yea. Messy table. But I'm not gonna bother cleaning it coz I'm in the middle of packing my stuff to move anyways. :p

6. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

"managing human ressources" book under your monitor lol :haha:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

yea lmao.

It was the one text book that propped up that monitor just right.

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

you don't need dual processor to play it.

i tried dual monitor mode, i went back to single monitor mode.

played at 1680x1050 but it can be slow.

playing multiplayer kinda sucks because when there's many units and all, the game goes like 2 - 3 seconds in real life for each second of the game.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I like the multiplayer. I just the game takes way too long though. LMAO! It's like an Age of Empires kinda game.

I haven't tried single player yet but my brother says that a mission takes forever. I tend to believe him since we played multiplayer and it lasted for over 4 hours. :|

10. goldfries

don't get me wrong, i like multiplayer A LOT!!! i finish the Supreme AI in 5 minutes. just that my buddies take significantly longer to wipe out the other 2 AI. :p

it's just the very factor that makes it suck is that when you get like 500 - 1000 units on your side (and your buddies, and 3 other AIs have that too) then you're in for a huge slow-mo game.

that's why we stick to C&C3 these days.

i've play single player (missions) on the hardest mode available and the earlier missions are easy. later missions aren't hard, just that it's time consuming to build / defend / attack because there's just sooooooooooooooo many units to go up against.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, its very time consuming. A real Anti-Job. LOL!

But I get a lot of slowdowns. Especially its well into the game and people build tons of units.

I really like C&C3. Very efficient. No slow downs at all.

12. goldfries

i was amazed at how C&C3 works really smooth on high-details with my 6800 Ultra at 1680x1050. :D

anyway back to Supreme Commander, even on 5x5 or 10x10 maps it could be a real bore just to wait for Cybran destroyers to walk on land.

those super big maps are horrible. they're soooooooooooooo big. it takes a scout like minutes to travel from 1 end to another.

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, it takes even longer for some of the slower units (like Fatboys). :\

14. goldfries

Fatboy still moves faster than Mobile Artillery (Cybran)

and damn, i hate the colossus. :D 240k HP!!!!

there's once i had like 5 colossus husk laying at the bottom of the lake i'm defending.

15. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I wanna play that game when I have a long holiday. :D

1 person likes this.