tablet recommendation

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by aKho, Jan 21, 2008.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i'm looking around for a tablet. i saw one going for rm3K+ (can't remember the brand) but it's got a dual core, nvidia go 6150, it's pretty slim and compact.

reason mainly for getting one is so i can do my pdf reading on it. i can imagine myself sitting on a lazy sofa at a coffee shop (coffee bean, starbucks, etc.) many afternoons just surfing and reading.

it's got to be portable and light and so far the good ones seem to point to fujitsus, i think. i use to have a thing for the small size sony vaio, but that's really out of my price range (rm7K+) not to mention the screen is a tad too small.

the choices here in Kuching is not much, so i might drop by KL to grab one. no rush, just looking for some opinions. :mrgreen:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

has to be fujitsu. these guys are really good in making tablet.
    the older T4210 is actually very good. not the prettiest or thinnest, but if you can find one, should be quite affordable by now.

1 person likes this.
  3. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

Tablets.. cheap tablet?

Has to be one of the HP AMD ones, I remember they were shovelling out their older models to bring in the new ones.

Fujitsu has to be the BEST, OFFICIAL manufacturers that you can officially get tablet pcs here.

You can check out their page now
    Notebooks : FUJITSU Malaysia

T4220 is the power unit with a built in optical drive, it'll most resemble a NORMAL notebook to a person.

T2010 is the lighter weight, lower powered unit, no optical drive

P1610 is the ultra portable, but might be underpowered for heavy tasks with it's 1.2 Core Solo. if you want something portable and has some amount of power under the hood this is it. or.. you can wait for the just announced 1.2Ghz Core 2 Solo P1620 model that is able to fit 2GB of MICRODimm RAM

The U1010 is probably the CHEAPEST unit you'll find for it's size.BUT.. it's not supposed to be a main notebook, just a companion PC, very low powered.

1 person likes this.
  4. aKho

but it seems these fujitsus doesn't have a good integrated graphic card, at least comparable with a nvidia go 5160?

i don't really favor intel or ati... :think:

nice recommends thought. still thinking about it. :whistle:

5. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

If u want high end video.. either go for the impossible to find Toshibas... hmmm... what are they up to now.. M400?? M600??

Or the new HP.. which is err.. damn can't remember the model number.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Honestly, do you need an NVIDIA GPU in a tablet? Would you be playing any games with it? Otherwise, integrated graphics should be enough.

7. aKho

well it'll probably end up being my portable workstation, gaming machine, net p0rn source and pink folder storage system. i'm a healthy growing male ya know (like Dashken etc..) so a better graphic card won't hurt. bang for my buck as they say... :pray:

8. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Well, unless you have something with more oomph like the GeForce 8800M, you are better off with a desktop gaming system. The mobile GPUs are all pretty weak. Certainly not "Crysis-qualified". :mrgreen:

1 person likes this.
  9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If I were you, I would rather get separately. It's cheaper to setup a desktop PC for gaming, than having a power house notebook decent enough for everything. How often would you game on your notebook?

1 person likes this.
  10. aKho

point taken. however, as i envision myself traveling away from home quite soon, i probably will not have my desktop to game on. thus, the alternative is a tablet with minimum capabilities to run most games. i think the nvidia go 5160 is the minimum at this point in time vs cost. i guess i'm leaning towards fujitsus (intel!! arghh!!) what do you suggest? :|

11. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. If you are thinking about the GeForce Go 5160, then it's really not much of a GPU. Might as well go for the integrated Intel X3100. Good enough to play games like Civ IV or DoTA. :D