Talk About Bad Luck!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 14, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Man... It's true when they say it pours when it rains. :haha: :haha:

I had a terrible streak of bad luck a few days ago. The streak's so unbelievable, I just can't help but laugh.

It started with a simple padlock. Nothing dangerous, right? WRONG.

Somehow, a pretty large sliver of the padlock got dislodged and embedded itself into my left forefinger while I was unlocking it. I have no idea how I managed to do that, but there it was - a needle-like piece of metal shard deep in my finger. No matter what I tried to do, I just could not pull it out. :wall:

Then my notebook unexpectedly experienced a Windows Vista Black Screen Of Death. After a reboot, it just loaded a black screen with a mouse cursor. That's it. Completely dead. No restore option would work.

Frustrated, I shut it down for the day (as I had to visit my son in the hospital). That was when I noticed that POWER BUTTON of the Dell 2007FP monitor attached to the notebook was now stuck in the On position. :wall:

Well, the monitor was already giving me problems weeks earlier when it started to flicker some and dim in some areas, but I never had a problem with the power button until that day. Talk about a streak of bad luck. My notebook was out of action, and the monitor was in no better shape either. :nuts:

On the way out, I dropped by the petrol station to refuel. Decided to pump up my tyres but the air pump kept giving me an error. When I checked the pump, I found that some idiot turned off the air supply. :mad:

I twisted the knob to turn on the air supply and darn it... I didn't see a protruding nut and tore a small piece of skin off my right thumb. :wall: :wall:

So, there I was - with a dead computer, a malfunctioning monitor, and two wounded hands! :haha: :haha:

I'm not superstitious, but after that streak of bad luck, I decided NOT to do anything until after midnight. :haha: :haha:

Now, I've been real good, so I don't deserve all that bad luck. Karma should grant a streak of good luck soon. I'm looking forward to it. :haha:

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

You deserve a much needed rest!!! And trin gives you a big dose of good luck!!!:hug: :beer:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I think Malays believe that you can 'tolak bala' by buying people food (friends and families that are close to you for example) or giving to charity.

I guess its like a super boost of good karma haha (hey spirit needs supplements too I guess haha).

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I need foooooooood..

adrian, buy me food buy me food! BOSS ROTI KOSONG DUA!

5. Adrian Wong

Oh, that I do very often.. :haha: :haha:

But I'm taking it all in good stride, since I've settled all those problems.

It's just a little hilarious to actually experience such a streak of bad luck. I wouldn't have believed it until I actually got hit by one this time! :haha: :haha:

6. Adrian Wong

Thanks, Trin! :beer:

After that day, I managed to settle almost everything, including the dead computer (had to reinstall all the software), and the monitor.

I even had the splinter removed, but just to be sure, I had it removed just after midnight. :haha: :haha: I'm not usually superstitious, but after that run of bad luck, I decided not to push my luck. :haha: :haha:

7. Adrian Wong

You come back. I will buy you TEN roti kosong!!! :twisted:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hope everything will be good soon! bad luck is just temporary! :thumb:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Positive quote of the day:

"If you are going through hell, keep going."

Nice thing to ponder at. No idea who said it (I was umm on the "throne" and saw it on a magazine LOL!).

10. Adrian Wong

Fortunately, my streak of bad luck only lasted that day, and its effects were temporary. Phew!! :beer:

11. Adrian Wong

That's good advice! :thumb:

Indeed, that was what I did - just continue on. What else could I do? LOL!!

Frankly, when the monitor failed after the Vista Black Screen of Death, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... It all seemed so incredulous. But after I made sure my data was still intact, I decide it was better to laugh. It was not as bad as it could have been. It could have been a LOT worse!!! :haha: :haha:

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Black screen o_O...thats weird..sorta like using pirated Windows eh? or something worse? lol, been feeling good luck recently xD...(ever since that incident, which i accidentally touch birdshit on my friend's car and was told it bring good luck :haha: )most of the time bad luck are temporary...by the way, good luck boss, you need it XD...maybe go touch someones car with bird shit xD...

13. The_YongGrand

I just had a streak of that bad luck too lately... but not that serious.

I hoped everything will be all right for me too. I have to be positive, and I have to think good all the time. It's my responsibility. :D :haha:

14. Adrian Wong

Well, I just rebooted Windows Vista and it went blank. It's not totally blank. You get a mouse cursor to play with, but that's it. It's like Windows Desktop just won't load. :wall: :wall:

Touch someone's car with birdshit?? How does that work??? :mrgreen:

15. Adrian Wong

Don't worry. Just be thankful it isn't as bad as it could have been!! :haha: :haha:

16. The_YongGrand

Yes of course! I dunno why my luck always run out during every mid year! LOLzzzz! Hope that it'll be good this time! :haha:

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

how bout getting hit by a birdshit. maybe that is a better luck :p

18. Adrian Wong

You mean literally getting hit by birdshit? :haha:

Well, my car gets pelted once in a while, but fortunately, never myself. :haha: :haha:

19. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

nearly got hit by a seagull birdshit last week. missed by.. 1 feet.

20. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i went to the stupid fort in malacca and kena bird shit! omg its like horror movie man. stinking like hell and annoyed :evil: