Terrible experience with installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Chai, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yup i must agree the old taskbar is a much faster way to accessing the applications. but I reckon it works only if you have a few applications running. win7's method is way more organized.

I run many applications concurrently, especially when Im working on web development work. photoshop, IDE, outlook, multiple browsers, winscp, putty, a couple of folders. things do get very confused after a while, particularly when there is an urgent case to resolve. on vista, when things get kan cheong spider, don't be surprise if I;ve to pause for a couple of seconds to locate my app! though "Switcher" helps alot in cases like this, i still reckon Win7 new taskbar is a neater solution.

it's slower, yes, but this new taskbar allows me to be way more organized and efficient when Im really busy.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah I really love the new taskbar coz its so organized. I don't need to cycle through multiple windows/tabs (in case of IE8) to find what I need to.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, it works well if you have a lot of different apps in the taskbar. Usually I will only open a few apps, but multiple windows, so the additional space in taskbar are wasted. Trying to find 1 of 10 Excel windows can be quite PITA in the default Win7 config.

In my office PC, I use 2 layer of taskbar, so I can switch to the application I want quickly and I can see the title easily.