The ARP Musician and Gitfiddler thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mac Daddy, Apr 14, 2008.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Well, I don't have a video cam or else, I can post my video of playing that piece! :D

Some of his pieces are extremely complex until you need to transcribe this thing into 2 or 3 guitars.

Meanwhile, I have his father's (Alessandro Scarlatti) music as well, one of them is Gavotte. Too bad, he has no labels or index number on his song since I want to hear the harpsichord version of this song. :mrgreen:

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Cool and I don't have a video cam here either my brother does though ... I should borrow it one of these weekends :think:

3. The_YongGrand

Wow.. I thought of using my camera for this... Powershot A380 but it has severely limited video recording capabilities. :haha:

And you got your new custom title! :beer:

4. Mac Daddy

Hee hee my brother has a really good one he and his wife bought it for family pics now that I am an Uncle :thumb:

On the custom title and the avatar thought hey something fun for summer. And I have never really been much for staff titles seem impersonal lol :mrgreen:

5. The_YongGrand

Haha, you better teach your nephew/niece some cool guitar tricks once he/she is older!

I've recently finished practising Sonata Longo 79 and L 238. I must really put these songs into my mind because I'll be running out of songs to play! I'll proceed to L 493, another beautiful piece! :D

6. antmic

antmic Newbie

My Friend Requested a Tone Test Clip of the ENGL Invader i have. I have been telling him how awesome it sounds so i did a VERY VERY rough and sloppy Recording ( crappy PC mic at 3am in the morning luckily im soundproofed but i still had to keep the volume relatively low.:p)

its a song ive been working on and still arranging .. which i think is finally forming after a week of thinking of things to add to it.. here it is.. i hope you like

excuse my sloppy crappy playing.. i will record this properly once i have a full song

ENGL invader Demo - Putfile.com

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Dude that sounds real rad man!

Nice! :thumb:

Practice practice practice for me! :mrgreen:

8. Mac Daddy

Sweet chops man well done and thanks for sharing :thumb:

9. antmic

antmic Newbie

no probs man... what do you think of the tone ? i was trying to get a mathias Eklundh feel to it and i think i pretty much nailed the mood.. i just need to practice those runs a bit more... i love this style of lead playig but im so bad at it !! I spent 3 hours after work practicing today just to get used to linking up between tapping runs to legato runs and wide bends and slides..

10. Mac Daddy

The playing was excellent the tone was too low with too much bottom end. Listen to Mattias Eklundh there are crisp highs and a lot of midrange as is general for this type of playing. Malmsteen, Satriani, Vai and others all have a midrange "peak" in there tone settings. This allows better harmonic response.

For those that are not familiar with Mattias Eklundh which antmic has mentioned a great player. Listen to Joe Satriani's album "Not of this Earth" and watch this clip.

OK this is for fun and knowledge I can play "almost" all of this .. he has some freaky progressions at times a modal player as I am lol ;)

YouTube - Mattias "IA" Eklundh - Hyper Freak Exercise

11. antmic

antmic Newbie

the stuff posted on youtube is more shredding tho.. if you listen to his band Freak Kitchen (specially his album Move) youll see quite a diverse player..

hes my favourite.. i love his phrasing

12. Mac Daddy

Will do and very cool. I have touched on some of his stuff but not all :mrgreen:

13. antmic

antmic Newbie

14. Mac Daddy

Very nice as and I noted before he is using more high and and quite a distinct midrange peak in his EQ settings to obtain the harmonic response he is getting.

Why not try changing this on your amp and try rerecording that piece you posted I think you will be much happier with it ... the playing was top notch :thumb:

15. The_YongGrand

Ooo, cool gears! Great! :D

Me.. still on Scarlatti's pieces. There's one harpsichord piece which I have the guitar version, Bach's BWV 972, which is very majestic. If I got the guys to play with me in the small chamber music it could be very beautiful!! :D