The ARP Survey Contests!

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yorker

yorker Newbie

yeap...jennifer morrison definitely :p

chill a bit samsamha...

1more..the bag they gave....poor design.. no padding at all and a zip inside the laptop area is a bad thing.. my poor poor laptop has zip marks on the edge!!! oh.. ftec call service i cant even get thru :(

but the laptop is coooooolll!!!! hahahaha.....

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I've posted that pic in Babe Wars before :think:

Hehe don't take him too seriously, he's like that for every contest :haha:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Please be informed that because one of the winners didn't respond to our email, so we had a mini re-draw and selected a new winner to replace the original winner of a Scythe SCKTN-1000 Katana CPU Cooler.

We would like to remind all participants, you will be notified immediately via e-mail if you win. Please respond within 24 hours, or we will select another winner! [​IMG]

If you didn't win this time, or have yet to participate, fret not as there're still FIVE Scythe SCKTN-1000 Katana CPU Coolers up for grabs! Come and check it out now! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link : Mini re-draw of the ARP-Scythe Survey Contest Winners!

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Everyone, PLEASE PLEASE check your mailboxes AND the results over here.

If you do not reply within 24 hours, we WILL give your prize to another person. This is your LAST warning.. :naughty:

Beginning with the NEXT survey contest, we are NOT going to bother redrawing everytime you don't check your mailbox or the results here. If there's a lack of response within 24 hours, the prizes will automatically become property of Team ARP.

Yes, we will keep those prizes if you do not respond within 24 hours. What we do with it thereafter is up to us. They may be reused in future giveaways or heck, we might just use them as decorative items or paperweights. :dance: This new rule goes live with the next survey contest. You have been warned. :mad:

5. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

I think this is way too harsh. :hand:

Many persons don't check (all) their email account(s) twice a day, but more like once every two or three days. (Or even more rarely, but those don't participate in these contests. My mom usually check her email once a year or so, give or take six months...)

Heck, I've occasionaly had emails take two or three weeks just to reach the receivers inbox!

If you're not going to make any re-draws, then at least give the winner a full week to reply!

Cheers
    Olle

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i do think 24 hours is too quick ..
    i'm having internet downtimes lately in my area .. :p .. dmn ..

7. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I guess it was a little too harsh. But there's no way we can wait for one full week.

It's not fair to the other winners. And what if the same problem keeps recurring? The last time, we had to redraw TWICE. If we wait one week before redrawing, then the other winners would have to wait THREE weeks before I even submit their details for delivery of prizes.

In addition, it's also the responsibility of winners to CHECK the results. If they are listed and didn't get the e-mail, they should immediately e-mail us. We cannot keep chasing them for the details.

TBH, it's not easy organizing and running these contests. It LOOKS easy, but trust me, when you are here in my seat, you will know how difficult it is. I'm not trying to penalize anyone but contestants must learn to be more responsible.

At this juncture, I think it would be fair to serious contestants and Team ARP if we were to implement a limit of 48 hours.

8. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I think 24hrs is reasonable after all its the winners responsibility to check the website to see if their email address is drawn and to check their email. Rely more on the website listed winners than just checking your email.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We would like to announce the closure of the ARP-Scythe Survey Contest and the commencement of the ARP-Zalman Survey Contest!

Up for grabs are NINE Zalman CPU coolers and THREE Zalman graphics card coolers! Come and check it out now! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link : ARP-Zalman Survey Contest Officially Released!

10. zachig

zachig Newbie

Woohoo!!! Running to fill up this one!!! :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK everyone :wave: , and thanks ARP team for making such great contest one after the other. :clap: :dance: ;)

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

another one come..

woohoo..

zalman 9500 :drool:

12. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

ARP is on fire with all the prizes.

13. coffeedude

coffeedude Newbie

I'm not sure if I submitted more than once in the Zalman survey.

I got a blank screen after clicking 'Done'. So I did the whole survey again and used the same email address.

14. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

Why not? If you're not going to do any re-draws then I see no problem waiting that long.

Cheers
    Olle

15. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. It should redirect you to the Survey information page.

In any case, that's okay. :thumb:

16. Adrian Wong

If you must know, we send the winners' details to the company within days of EVERY week. We also have a new selection of winners EVERY week.

In addition, we launch a new survey contest every 2-3 weeks and even non-survey contests (like the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS giveaway contest) every now and then. In other words, we have to keep track of many winners' details.

If that does not give you a sense of the complexity in organizing EVERYTHING and ensuring that the right details go to the right people on time, then I'm really sorry. I just can't keep justifying every little aspect of my decisions to you.

But to set your fears to rest and avoid any further nit-picking, it would be heartening to know that only a few casual contestants have not responded within 24 hours of us sending out the e-mails.

In fact, those who did not respond within 48 hours totally did not respond at all, even after we waited for 4-5 days. Therefore, waiting for 72 hours is really MORE than sufficient.

I think it's really not hard for serious participants to be a little proactive and check the results. Surely, that's the least they can do to help us minimize our workload and reduce the possibility of making mistakes.

If that's really too hard to do, well, we will just confiscate their prizes and use them for future contests. ;)

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We would like to announce that we have determined the 2nd week winners of the ARP-Scythe Survey Contest!

If you didn't win this time, or have yet to participate, fret not as there're still NINE Zalman CPU coolers and THREE Zalman graphics card coolers up for grab in the ARP-Zalman Survey Contest! Come and check it out now! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link : Announcing the ARP-Scythe Survey Contest Winners!

18. zachig

zachig Newbie

Congrats to the lucky winners!!! :beer:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We would like to announce that we have determined the 1st week winners of the ARP-Zalman Survey Contest!

If you didn't win this time, or have yet to participate, fret not as there're still SIX Zalman CPU coolers and TWO Zalman graphics card coolers up for grab! Come and check it out now!

Please be informed of the new rule, all participants should check the contest results page everytime results are announced and please check your email if you are the winner. Failure to reply to the email within 72 hours after results are announced, the prizes will be as good as gone. Hehe... [​IMG]

Updated too is a new winner of the ARP-Scythe Survey Contest because we have yet to get a reply from the previous winner. Congrats to the new winner! [​IMG]

On a side note, there are only a few days left to participate in the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS contest! What are you waiting for? Participate now! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link : Announcing the ARP-Zalman Survey Contest Winners!

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

so sad.. when will i win something .. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.