The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Tenkiu Tenkiu. Saw it as a good deal since i know pak Snipe is always careful with his stuff, and with him, he either uses it or doesn't, and this one comes from the doesn't category :p

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nice setup. I wish I could move my stuff internal. But that requires a bigger case. I guess its time to wait for one of those CM stackers to come on sale. :p

Hmm.. I doubt a single 120mm radiator will cut it though. :think: I have a CoolRad 12T modded onto a Corsair Nautilus powered by a 190CFM Delta (usually run it on 7V). Get real good perf with it cooling my FX-55 but I don't know if a waterblock would outperform my VF900 that I have slapped on right now. I get real good temps with the CPU and don't really want to sacrifice it. :p

What fan are you gonna use with the BIX?

I get tubing real cheap here (clearflex 1/2" OD 3/8" ID for $0.31 per foot plus shipping.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  3. empire23

Not too sure about the rad, that's why i'm planning on the Xbox hueg Thermochill PA120.3 triple section (proc, NB, GC), or a smaller Stew Foster designed PA160 with push pull configuration with 2 fans, which will actually fit into my casing after i remove one of the hard drive racks (Lian Li V2100).

Nah, not really running anything as pushy as a Delta, i use Papst 4412Ms although i'm planning to get some GLB2s, they push a respectable 80 CFM with not much noise and even less vibration. Planning to get rid of the BIX once i've saved up enough for a Thermochill which AT says is overkill, although i personally lurve overkill.

Tubing....hmmm, i guess the standard variety from Acehardware will do for now, until i get some Tygon Vinyls that is :mrgreen:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, thermochills will work with papst. With the BIX though, it's best you use a higher power 35mm thick fan. My Coolrad 12T is pretty simillar to the BIX.

I tried getting two fans together but it just wouldn't fit due to clearnace issues. But its cool. I got the fan shroud that came with the cool rad to keep things flush with the externally mounted delta. :p

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Or you can opt for my radiator, MCR320, much cheaper than PA120.2 and still perform better.

6. empire23

^ True, but the PA120.2 is 2 section and the MCR320 is a triple section, which means i'll have to get an extra fan and redesign my radiator fan PCB, which i'm quite lazy to do :p Plus the difference between them is extremely small, so i'm still quite partial to the PA120.2, heck the skivved fins and the body = Sexier hehehe.

Heck i like standardizing my barbs, BSPP for all yay!

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Cool water cooling kit, empire23. I wish to have one to put it into my Celeron D 347 that I can overclock almost to 3.8GHz. I want to push it into 4.00GHz, but the comp won't start. :haha:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Actually, MCR320 ducted to 2 fans will still perform better than PA120.2 :D

9. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I gave in to temptation... >.<

A new toy! Sort of.... :D

Presentiinnngggggg...........

The Sony VAIO FE35GP Notebook!

Specs are :

Intel Core2 Duo T5600 (1.83Ghz)
    1GB of RAM
    100GB SATA HDD
    Nvidia Go7600 w/ 128MB VRAM
    DVD Writer
    15.4' Wide screen (1280 x 800)

And all fooorrrrr : RM5500! >.<

And to go with it :

Razer Pro|Solutions Pro|Tones m100 InEar Earphones!

RM100 and a pretty great pair of InEar Earphones for you DAP users out there ;)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. SWEEEEEEEET!!!! :drool: :drool:

Pretty good price too! :thumb:

11. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Nice!

And you got it at a cheaper price than my FE15GP!:thumb: (I think.)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  12. Maximus_Detritus

Hehehe, I'm loving it, i might add. And the earphones are pretty awesome as well. Using them with my SE W810i and the sound is just amazing :thumb:

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ah so that's what you decided to go with. Design looks similar to the EP-630 I suggested, it may even sound similar (there's a fair number of these canalphones that share similar sound signatures). Good to know that you're enjoying them :thumb:

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

lichness :thumb:

15. empire23

Sweet lappie. But i do hate the smaller VAIOs which have this annoying front loading CD Drive which i do have tendency of smudging it's laser. A you didn't remove the wrist pad stickers kah :p?

16. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Mine is still on....:haha::thumb:

Couldn't be bothered to remove it....

17. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

as always in arp..my new toy cant compare to u guys

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. empire23

Nocturna?! Once you're done post impressions! And to be honest with you that fan looks cool.

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah Noctua NH-U12F. I actually have two sitting around here :shifty:

20. Maximus_Detritus

No, i havent removed them yet (= Let the 'newness' last as long as possible. :D

Ahh, a water cooling set, curious. Hehe. I've always wanted one but I'm done with the PC modding world. Ever since my DFI got friend by lightning :(