The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. We tried getting one for a giveaway, but NVIDIA is more interested in selling them, than giving them away! :haha:

1 person likes this.
  2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, not the first one to post it here though. ahhaha

Nikon D300 + MB-D10 Battery grip powered by 8AA batts... 8FPS-bay-bee!!!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

"bay-bee!!!":lol:

4. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Wah... 8 X AA batts... how many shoot it can last u then :think:

5. peaz

not sure. will try and let you know :D haha

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

long no post here

[​IMG]

broke now buy few toys :lol:

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Bought a new case today quite happy with it actually lots of room for fans. Adding some pics and still working on the upgrade but the first one is for PsYkHoTiK my baby :thumb:

Two supplied fans moved to the side ingoing. Front fan with LED remained in place. One of my AC AF12 PWM fans replaced the supplied in the rear and the second went on the top both outgoing :D

Attached Files:

8. peaz

Boy oh Boy... :D I think I'll reserve it all till after Christmas. Muahahahha

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nice case! :mrgreen:

But nice Strat! :thumb: :thumb: :beer: Are those Seymour Duncan Hotrails at the front (S-S-H)?

What kinda effects do you have and what kinda music do you play? I only have a distortion pedal but am thinking of getting a reverb pedal.

I'm still learning. Every night for the past month at least 30-60 minutes a night. On weekends even more (like a few hours lol).

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow... meanwhile my bro purchased a full Fender Strat
    (50~60s style) pickups from another person. Sounds nice and bluesy. :)

Meanwhile, I haven't really played much guitar nowadays. I tried to play again the Giuliani's Variation of a Theme of Handel, and it's a really lengthy piece!! :haha:

11. Mac Daddy

Thanks and yep Hot Rails at the bridge the coils are split with a pull up switch on the volume control to give single coil. Full G & L bass and treble mod replacing the useless "strat" tone controls. I can go from fat to thin on my guitar not my amp.

On effects still using my Digitech GSP-5 and on music play pretty much everything. I like it heavy though lol. On reverb get a digital delay pedal instead reverb you can emulate with it. Delay is not as hollow and used for vocals too listen to Robert Plant on Black Dog :mrgreen:

You guys got a spot I can UL some music for ya ?

Well off to bed thought I would stop by quick been busy here but haven't forgotten about ya here .... heres the new cpu cooler and ram cooler ... Cheers :wave:

Attached Files:

12. The_YongGrand

Lovely combination and nice coolers! :D You like blues music too? Me too... now attempting to learn acoustic blues! First I need to get used to the chords...

And here's my rendition of Giuliani's Variations on a Theme of Handel OP 107 (theme only) - using a 60th Anniversary Strat modded with 50s and 60s pickups. It sounds okay, but it could sound better I guess. :haha:

edit:oh man it doesn't allow me to upload my self-made mp3 file here... :haha: Where can I display my sample here anyway? :)

13. Mac Daddy

On the UL's yep and thats why I mentioned it would be cool to have some music mega and rapid tend to expire but would need 5 to 6M. TY on the coolers and the guitar combination. I like and play all types of music and actually took some classical guitar training while I was in college.

I have some stuff including a folk type fingerpicked song called The Promised Land its a tricky one lol. My brother and I wrote it over the phone one night :D

14. peaz

Here are my Christmas gifts! :D

1. A gift from Leian... The Maurice Lacroix Pontos Reserve De Marche! :D :hug: :hug: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
    (photo 1 and 2)

2 - A pair of Uniden radios from Leian's close friend who came back from the states. :thumb: (photo 3)

Attached Files:

15. peaz

Hmm looks like it lasted me about a thousand shots over 2 weeks? roughly la

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

OMG! How much did that cost her??? :shock:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Probably around RM5-6k+. :shock: :faint:

18. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

no pic yet, but got a pentium dual-core E2160. So far been able to OC it to 2.7 Ghz at 1.43Vcore.

Worst part is it posted faster timings on super PI at stock speeds then my 805 running at 4.0 Ghz. Now i see what the hypes all about with the C2D. hopefully i can hit +3.0 Ghz

19. Mac Daddy

Let me know I was looking at the E2180 @ 90CAD but the E4xxx series is coming down fast in price too ... E4500 @ 127CAD and E4600 @ 151CAD

The E21xx series is supposed to O/C very well with low power consumption and heat. Read a few articles with the E2180 O/C hitting numbers near some of the stock Intel quads ...

20. The_YongGrand

You got to love the E2xxx series processors. They overclock well, and they are cheap. TOo bad Intel aren't releasing it before July. :haha:

But thankfully I managed to obtain a Pentium Dual-Core E2140 at a discount price. It's in my 2nd rig which is my personal workstation.

Wow... that's pretty marvellous to learn classical guitar in college. I still wish I could play some electric blues with my brother, but I have to polish up the pentatonic scales first. :haha: You and your bro must be pretty talented enough to compose a song. :)