The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Too lazy.. hahaha :oops:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Just got a Lego City Fire truck - the thing has been on the same old rack, in the same old shopping center since December last year and had been eyeing on it.

Only now I happen to get it. Assembling it later.

Not the cheapest, nor the most expensive, but for now I can show you the pic:

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, if you like some firearms in Lego sets, try getting it from the custom retailers. I made a mistake of buying a knockoff Lego set from Tesco (name starts with an 'S' and ends with an 'n') because it's a Military Hum-vee, and with some weapons thrown in. Result: Almost cut my hands during assembly, the cheap plastic stank (makes me depressed everytime I smell it) and the bricks don't lock properly, or with very, very poor tolerances. Minifigures? Forget about them. Their legs drop off! Cheap is suddenly expensive!

I took out the weapons and the helmets for my real Lego figures, and left the completed Hum-Vee set as a paperweight on my desk. At least it did something. :haha:

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

lol you still play lego ?

got a nokia x1-01 for it cheap + dual stanby and long lasting battery. I manage a week before it went low battery :thumb:

[​IMG]

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's the thing about feature phones. They last forever!

My wife's old Nokia 6070 can last a week without recharging! :thumb:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I miss those days... lol

6. The_YongGrand

That's a pretty good phone you have here. :)

I don't play Legos, but I collect them. :mrgreen:

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

but u still have to build them. in other ways.. play them :D :D :D

8. zy

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Not the iPhone 4S? :D

10. Chai

Haha...of course not.

But SGS II is getting way too common here.

11. zy

at&t iphone 4, 4s are pretty much locked to at&t for life unless someone hacks it, although there are methods to bypass this lock.

12. The_YongGrand

Nice phone. :thumb:

My brother has a Galaxy S I, it's nice too. :)

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

New brake pads. Carbotech! :thumb:

Now THAT is a brake pad... :faint:

XP12 and XP10 race compounds for the track and the 1521 compound for the street... :beer:

Now eagerly awaiting my Stoptech ST-60.... :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

My loot for the past few months back :mrgreen:
    1. Agarest War Zero Limited Edition
    2. FF-XIII Lighting DS3 controller
    3. T-ara mini ablum
    4,5 Killzone 3 Collectors Edition (the next photo shows the helmet):mrgreen:

Attached Files:

15. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Recent Loot:haha:
    1. Corsair Carbide 400R, huge casing with lots of nice fans slots :haha:
    2-3. Disgaea 4 Premium Edition, come with that prinny character
    4-5. Dark Soul Collectors Edition. Comes with Steelbox,artbook and some digital contains.

Attached Files:

16. The_YongGrand

Wow. That's pretty good stuff.:thumb:

My latest loot is only that Asus Transformer. :whistle:

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

post it :twisted:

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Brake mods for my car. Stoptech ST-60 355mm 6 piston Big Brake Kit for the front with slotted rotors. I got a crazy good deal on this (over 1k USD off) and it is the last ST-60 for my car from Stoptech. Replaced the rears with Stoptech slotted rotors as well but retained the stock calipers (since it only does ~20% of the braking). Also got some race pads for my track days that can handle over 2000F temperatures as well as compatible street pads (so I won't have to remove the transfer layer off of the pads each time I swap them). I have stainless steel brake lines all around and racing brake fluid so hopefully NO MORE FADE on the track! :mrgreen:

At a local performance shop getting the brakes installed:
    [​IMG]

Stoptech brakes in the front hiding behind my 19" wheels:
    [​IMG]

Rear slotted rotors:
    [​IMG]

My no nonsense brake pads (ordered straight from the company as I was chatting with the son of the owner asking about recommendations):
    [​IMG]

A BBK DOES NOT increase braking power (as the master cylinder stays the same). What it does is increase heat capacity (more mass), reduce unsprung weight (I lost over 10lbs per front wheel) which helps acceleration and braking, increases cooling efficiency (rotors and calipers are designed for that), and the Stoptech caliper makes changing brake pads a breeze.

While bedding in the pads/breaking in the rotors, I did over a dozen 60+ - 20mph (100-30kmh) braking back to back and accelerating as hard as I could (think 2 seconds of acceleration followed by 3 seconds hard on the brake and repeat hahaha). It braked hard and consistently each and every time and I felt like my eyeballs were going to pop out and land on my dashboard...

19. Chai

It fits under the stock wheels?

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah it clears the stock wheel. The rotor isn't too much bigger than the stock one, but everything certainly is "beefier" but lighter. lol the "heatshield" is completely hidden behind the new rotor in the front though...

Here's comparo pics when my buddy had his installed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]