The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I upgrade my write rest from PVC to "imported leather" from China, and it wasn't cheap at all... But it's really comfy...:angel:

Attached Files:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think those that exploded were lithium ions. They don't even have to be in the e-cig to catch fire or explode, like in this case :

3. Adrian Wong

From AliExpress / DHGate?

I really should get one too... been using a pile of paper instead. :haha:

4. Chai

Yup, Li-Ion batteries are unstable by its own. Even overheating it may cause it to explode (like putting in an oven), short circuiting, which is why it is banned to board aircraft now.

Sanyo and Panasonic makes the best 18650 cells, but Samsung is still one of the top tier brands.

5. Chai

I got it from Taobao. There are many different types, PVC, local leather and imported leather, even variety of colors to choose from.

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I got no space for a wrist rest... the Intuos tablet is taking up all the space in front of the keyboard. :cry:

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

[​IMG]

got this 'insect killer' so far havent caught a single insect or mosquito :wall:

8. Adrian Wong

They don't really work that well... because they only attract insects that are attracted to UV. Mosquitoes and flies are attracted by smell, if I'm not mistaken... and mosquitoes are especially attracted by carbon dioxide.

9. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

lol I had like, 2-3 of those in the past. One operating by some frequency sound, another by UV light, then the last one by some fancy UV light which, when shone onto the inner surface of the trap, emits CO2 to attract the mosquitoes.

The last one also had a fan that sucks the suckers in and keeps them trapped... seemed to have a relatively decent capture rate (I'd say, 33-50%).

10. Adrian Wong

The fan that sucks in the mosquito is useful, because it catches those that are flying nearby, and it "dehydrates" them while makes for easier cleaning.

However, the one I had used UV light, which isn't very attractive to mosquitoes. Still, it will capture those flying nearby, so it works in a fashion. :mrgreen:

11. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

which is better? co2 ?
    mine finally caught 2 mosquito :wall:

12. Adrian Wong

CO2 should be more effective at attracting mosquitoes than UV light. I don't think they are attracted to UV light actually... :think:

13. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I think they are attracted to lights. If i on my laptop in a dark room. it will always buzz around :wall:

14. Adrian Wong

I think they are attracted to the CO2 in your breath. LOL... :mrgreen:

15. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Yeah, you want a trap that uses CO2, plus a fan to catch those "near-misses". UV light helps also, since in addition to mosquitoes you might also catch some other pesky insects along the way.

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I bought this:

[​IMG]

And I crashed in on Day 2 while mountain biking :lol: Bent my shimano deore shifter, and my SRAM Guide R hydraulic brake lever.

Bought a shorter seat post right after that. Ordered a different grip. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  17. Adrian Wong

Wow... You "broke it in" so soon?? :mrgreen:

18. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

19. Adrian Wong

I am JELES!!!! :haha: :haha: :thumb: :thumb:

20. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Now for the rest of the PC! Haha.