The Canny Ong Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Why not kill the dragons, more xp. :p LOL! Back to topic... :whistle:

2. Brian

Brian Newbie

he charm the girl to say 'i am his friend' fix liao

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Eh... Back to topic... What has this got to do with Canny Ong?? :roll:

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

OMG! They killed Canny! Those bast****!!!

Lol, couldn't resist, sorry that was in bad taste... my bad! :oops:

But seriously, so now here we have three schools of thought - the charmed version, the ex-bf conspiracy version and the from-the-mouth-of-the-convicted-killer version.

Hmm... all three have potential merit although many non-believers will have trouble accepting that the supernatural has anything to do with it. What do I think? There's certainly more than meets the eye here, but something about the conflicting reports that you read in the various news agencies tells me that there's a lot of other things going on in the background that we are not aware off.

Who knows? Could even be a terrorist plot to sour relations between USA and Malaysia... haha, now perhaps that's already going too far but it just crossed my mind as I was typing the paragraph above.

Any more to add?

:)atwl

5. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

wah... u got better imagination than me! :mrgreen:
    wut next.. actually not the guy rape + kill her
    it was the aliens..they did experiment with her then kill her.. :shock: :mrgreen:

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

man you two can be great conspiracy theorists :lol:

7. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

care 2 add ur own theories?? ;)

8. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

supernatural and rumours aside,

why hasn't anybody come up with the psychological point of view. which obviously plays a large part in any case of rape.

I mean, first the man attacks canny, putting her into a state of shock, a holiday back home turned into a nightmare, imagine you going to holiday and you get mugged, you will panic too.

and another thing, why is it that they never report which hour during the whole ordeal he raped her? at the beginning or the end? no one cares, all just want to talk about bomoh, revenge.

because say he raped her not long after he left bsc, some dark secluded area. do you know what rape does to girls? the girl will be so traumatised. and so the reason she did not alert anybody, just keep quiet in the car etc, aside from her being shocked and scared, she probably doesn't want anybody to know she has been raped either, and also it probably never crossed her mind that she will be killed. most probably she's thinking that "ok f this, i don't want anybody to know, faster get over with, if i cooperate, he will let me go and no one has to know about this" especially since such a pretty girl like her, she would never want anybody to know. especially when its a man she doesn't know and of different ethnicity. At least not during that moment, I mean mabye few days later then she beh tahan and tell people close to her, but at that moment I dont think so.

so that should answer the peoples questions why she didn't do anything or resist and etc when she had the chance.

this has nothing to do with girls being weak.

imagine you, a guy, attacked by a big burly man, armed and dangerous, a man of different ethnicity, he drives to a secluded area and proceeds to rape your ass. he's strong and dangerous, (just imagine ok) then now he just starts driving around, the same rubbish will cross your mind during that moment, you won't want anyone to know you have been violated would you? you would just be hoping he leaves you and you try to wipe it out of your memory... same thing.

thats one thing malaysia lacks off, never looking at any issue from the psychological point of view, instead muck around with rumours and supernatural (a favourite), yet when people talk about psychology, 'psycho' jumps into their mind, or they will go like "whoah psychology wor", or "wui yo, someone here can read minds" yet when talk about supernatural they will listen attentively and absorb.... haih...

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I beg to differ. In a state of shock, I'll think of something to get away from him. Maybe running away while the car is driving through town or stopped by the police. I'm not stupid to stay there again. What if he were to rape me again? Or drive to a house where all his friends are waiting? :shock:

I'll run away the first chance I have. No doubt... that's psychology. That's why ppl kill and protect himself/herself to survive. And that's psychology too. In a state of shock and being forced... you can do what you won't do. :whistle:

10. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Dashken, it's hard to look at something from your own point of view.

If I stab you with a knife, there can trigger a lot of different raection. Fear, confusion, anger, retaliation or plain shock.

Same goes to rape. There has been a lot of cases where the victim is scared to tell anyone because of fear, most of it clearly comes from where she was raped by her father or brothers. Yet, some are more than daring enough to even fight back during the process and foil the rape attempt. So, what Canny Ong was going through at that exact moment can only be felt by her and known by the killer itself.

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup... and if I'm not discussing from my point of view, from who's point am I discussing then? :D

Hmm... I wonder why are we continuing to discuss about this. It's not like it's going anyway or will bring back life. Coz we dont and won't know who's right and who's wrong. Just be more cautious when we go out and take precautions before something happen will do.

No point continue discussing... :think: :whistle:

Btw, when someone hit me, I never think twice to hit back. No matter how dangerous it is... Serious. I never use my brain in that kind of situation. :think: Hmm... maybe I should. :think: :shifty:

12. Brian

Brian Newbie

actually not, if i come right in front of you and then flash my knife, you most probable reaction is you'll faint. why? you'll get so shocked and scared, you'll faint. so when someone kidnaps you, and rapes you, you probably will be in such a state of shock that people walking around you think you're retarded of hypnotized. especially when a big guy(stranger) rapes you, you'll probably won't even know what happened because you are in such a state of shock. learned it from my cousin who's currently studying medicine in UM. we asked him about why this can happen and he told us

13. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

no doubt you have no idea what it means to be in a state of shock, when a person is considered in a state of shock, that person would be immobilized, thoughtless, speechless. if you can still think of something to get away from the person, you are hardly shocked at all. it has nothing to do with smart or stupid for a person to be shocked. from your post it appears that it will never cross your mind the fear of humiliation (as a guy) to let everybody around you know you have been violated, by a big man of a different ethnicity. because if you run or go to police, then people are bound to know what has happened to you.

14. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

But you are discussing it as it was yourself. And you stated as if there can only be 1 outcome from that situation because pyschology says so. That is to run and survive. but it isn't.

People react differently to the same situations, you may hit back, like I would, but there are those who would just be overcame by fear and confusion to not hit back.

15. ktooken

ktooken Newbie

no doubt as guys, we would definately fight back, ergo, i had you to play imagine that the guys is 'big and burly'. as long as bigger stronger and more dangerous than you lah, lets say 'kane' from wwf. you will punch him? :lol: . well in any case the man was definately stronger than pretty girl canny.

anyway we are just analysing and putting or theories to discuss, for enlightment. i doubt its anybodies intention to bring her back by dicussing.

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... if I am rape? Oooo... that's a thought. I'll probably enjoy it. :D

Anyway, back to topic... the guy that was caught, he's in no way a very strong man. I mean... he doesn't look like one very strong man to me. :think:

And... I don't think some guy will rape me la. So, forget about that. LOL! :twisted:

17. Brian

Brian Newbie

imo, the reason we discuss is to further comprehend why the situation happened. and use the general conclusion to ensure it doesn't happen again. it's the 'don't cry over spilt milk and let's forget all about it' attitude we have that disables us from actually preventing these kinds of horrendus incidents from happening again.

18. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

i think u are forgetting that we are not blaming her for anything...we are just trying 2 figure out what the heck went wrong 4 her... especially since she apparently had some opportunities 2 run away...
    if i am not wrong..adrian mentioned that they drove around in her car for 4-5 hours and stopped TWICE!
    u talk bout psychology but i dont think shock lasts so long.she didnt get rape yet..she can still run..she may get shock..but dat guy only had a knife and he had to drive!when he stopped, she can easily step out of the car and run..
    yeah..no one knows but her..but there's more 2 it than ur psychology theory..nothing is as simple as it seemsler.. just my 2 cents :mrgreen:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Prevent from ever happen again? Even while we are talking and discussing about this, rape cases are happening everyday. There are cases everyday in the newspaper, and who cares? It's just that Canny was from the US and everyone suddenly care. :hand:

Rape has been happening everyday before that and does anyone give a damn? No! :naughty: And I can bet that the same day(today) next year, everyone will forget about it and start to be careless all over again. Trust me. It will... :snooty:

Until the government do something about this, we will continue to live in fear and carelessness... That's just my 2cent. :whistle:

20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I think by discussing and putting in our own theories, we can better learn to understand and how to avoid such situations, for both our sakes and our friends/family too.

:)atwl

EDIT: Oop, Brian you beat me to it (the point, I mean).