The Canny Ong Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

my religion forbids it and i do agree. your virginity is precious

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... I presume you are a Christian then. :D

Ermm... come to think of it, which religion doesn't forbid it? :think: 8)

3. Brian

Brian Newbie

I am a christian. back to rape now. there'll be a anti-rape rally on july 20 at bangsar shopping complex it seems :think:
    but what's the use of having a march? that i don't understand

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ermm... for the media purpose I think. So, that we won't blame any party for not doing anything. :D

5. lung

lung Just Started

Well by organising the march, I think they'll sleep easier knowing that they DID do something and not just sitting idle and doing nothing... Just what I think... Not what I'll do :)

Back to topic... Rape. Why do people commit such a crime? Me and my friends once discussed about this before and we came to a conclusion... These people (rapists) are probably pathetic and have no hobbies, no life. These usually are the people who don't have anything to do in their life... Eg. During the night (let's say after 10pm), they don't go to pubs, they don't go to cybercafes, they don't go to snooker centres (majority of where people will go to during the night, since these are some of the only premises that are still open)... They have absolutely NOTHING to do... And when that FEELING (that horny, lustful feeling) comes... And they're not doing anything to 'shake' away that feeling... They are overwhelmed by THAT feeling and thus... RAPE HAPPENS.

Well maybe you guys don't get what I mean here... I mean sometimes I don't really understand what I'm typing here anyway... :shifty:

6. rosamundwo

rosamundwo Newbie

Anyone here receive Canny Ong's forward email..

so eerieeeeeeeeee

:roll:

7. Brian

Brian Newbie

can you show the contents here? something's wrong with my jaring account. must go and complain liao

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

lung,

If I'm not wrong, statistics show that most rapists are normal men... just like you and me. Some are even women! In some cases, rape is more of a matter of power over the victim, rather than just pure lust.

Anyway, statistics apparently show that most girls are raped by normal men. Not serial rapists like many people like to believe. Many are raped by people they know - grandfather, father, uncle, brother, cousin, friend, etc...

These are normal men. They have hobbies. They watch TV, watch movies, go to pubs, hang out, makan at the local mamak, play games, play football, surf the Internet, etc... There's nothing to distinguish them from other people.

And again, not only men rape. Some women do it too. But I think for them, it could be a matter of asserting their dominance. Who knows? I'm no psychologist. :)

9. rosamundwo

rosamundwo Newbie

wat content.??

10. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Less than 20% of rapes are commited by strangers to the victim if I stated correctly. And I do think less than 3-4% are commited by people who has a history of mental or psychology problem. So, it is really a case of moral decline, overcome by lust or the fact that they have the power to do that. Waht can we do ?? MALAYSIA BOLEH what ....

Blaming geeks who you'd work for no doubt later in life, lung .. is plain stupid and ignorant. The problem that exist all over Malaysia, pointing fingers at anyone other than ourselves.

rosamundwo : the content of that e-mail, I'd say.

11. Brian

Brian Newbie

yup, what's the content of the e-mail? :think:

12. rosamundwo

rosamundwo Newbie

i am afraid to post it here.. i better send email to you..
    i am sleeping alone.. i so scare to post it in public :silenced:

13. lung

lung Just Started

I got that mail... It shows Canny's 'crispy' body... But I deleted the mail already...

Anyway, back to the topic on rape... Recently almost everyday there's bound to be a rape case published in the papers... And most of these cases involve the girl meeting some stranger and spent some time with him... Then got raped. Then another common scenario is where the couple is dating at some remote place... Then suddenly a band of strangers appeared and abducted his gf and raped her... (Guess I'm not going to take my gf to any remote place anytime soon!)

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

What do you mean by anytime soon? Never go to remote places alone or with friends. Coz you never know what or who is waiting. :twisted: NEVER!!! Remember that... :naughty:

And why go to remote places? When you can go there in the evening when there're ppl around then rent a hotel room at night. It's safer that way... :mrgreen: :whistle:

15. Brian

Brian Newbie

yeah, for the past week i've noticed rape cases everyday or the rapist being dragged to court for his heinous crime

16. lung

lung Just Started

Eh, rent a hotel room at night for what? :liar:

My gf says it's due to the Canny Ong case... According to her, rape happens all the time, but due to the Canny Ong case... Rape gets more publicity nowadays... Just like what is happening to the piracy thingy... :eh:

17. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

sometimes it's act of stupidity. like yesterday i read this article on a Form 5 girl who after school went around town for so many hours and be-friended 2 men some more. then they took her for a ride. then later she end up getting raped by those 2 men in turns and another man did her anus (sodomy) then later drop her at some place where she called up make report. those men were arrested though.

i do agree with Adrian's post about normal men and psychology and the other stuff about dominance. however i would like to add that these are for single rape cases, while gang rape cases are more like planned evil act of lust.

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Then you go to remote places at night with your gf for what? :roll:

That Form5 girl is very stupid. Very stupid... :snooty:

19. Brian

Brian Newbie

so it's just another passing fad? i thought they will fix it for good this time. sigh, old habts die hard

20. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

actually it's not just rape la, it's any crime for that matter.

as long as people do their part to be more 'aware' and think 'smarter' these occurences will be reduced.

a lot are actually avoidable cases.