The handphone/cellphone/other types of PHONE thread!!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Dashken, Jun 19, 2003.

?

What brand of handphone do you own?

1. Siemens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Motorola

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nokia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Samsung

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sony/Ericsson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Panasonic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. LG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

nooooooooooo u will damage its pride, by being put next to a windows-based brother... uh...:cry: i bet it feels horrible

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Don't worry. It knows its SMS skills are better. ;)

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I still use that Nokia 1112. Pure simplicity. And I dropped it so many times and it's still okay with it! (touch wood!!)

:D

4. bslee

bslee Newbie

Someone's offering me an excellent condition O2 Atom Life..whaddaya think?.

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

go for it if the price is right for you. hehe, currently using some HP Smartphone. My next mobile phone will most likely be a j phone :D

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

j phone? :o

7. bslee

bslee Newbie

Ah..dismissed that PDA phone and got myself a SE K850i..more practical and less complicated. I think I'd prefer life with not so many complications.
    I think I'll enjoy a 5mp camera (although it'll loose out to any reputable compact digicam) and MegaBass sound.

8. Chai

Can't live without a WM based phone now. It's just too fun to play with. When you are bored, Worms. Surf net....

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

yeah. J phone (those japan made phone.) some are unlocked and ready to be used in Malaysia ~.~

10. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. But the language? They offer English?

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Yes, they do actually. So obsses with 1 of their phone xD..Damn high end specification too the phones over there o_0. The only disadvantage is sometimes no all operator can be used and then features like gprs and mms or wap cannot be used. Although this is being improved time to time. :D

12. Chai

How high end are they? High MP? Optical zoom?

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

For example, the NTT DoCoMo SO905iCS Phone.Specification=5MP with Exmor CMOS sensor,3x Optical zoom with face and smile detection (just like the sony digital cameras). huge 2.7 inch screen :D...1 of my dream phone..Although i fantasize having the 913Sh Type Char :p..here..some sample of the phone i dream of getting now (thats the 913SH Type Char)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  14. Chai

I understand the need for optical zoom, but never high MP or face detection...

My DSLR has 'only' 4MP, but it will take far better images, and face detection don't really work IMO, not even on most P&S cameras.

15. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

lol, just a feature ne...+ the gundam handphone really seduces me =_=...I don't mine walking around with 1 XD

16. Adrian Wong

Aren't most Japanese phones locked to their service providers? :think:

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, they are.Someone made hyper sim (it enables local telco to work in the phone) :D..cost around RM150.

18. bslee

bslee Newbie

I was told stories one can easily acquire really fancy and highly advanced phones which people throw-out for peanuts..BUT only can be used in Japan...not to mention the phone software all in Nippon!.

19. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

O_O...You sure? *heads to Japan and looks for cellphones in the dustbin*

20. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

japan people are lucky :(