The handphone/cellphone/other types of PHONE thread!!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Dashken, Jun 19, 2003.

?

What brand of handphone do you own?

1. Siemens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Motorola

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nokia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Samsung

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sony/Ericsson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Panasonic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. LG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't like Japanese phones at all, they all look the same. :shifty: Flip phone, big screen, twistable screen. No personality at all.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think you have to add your own bling bling. But maybe they cycle through the phones so often, they don't bother trying to change the look.

3. bslee

bslee Newbie

Yes they are, but their lifestyle, and personal desires are entirely different from us here. AFAIK, they're a pragmatic people. They buy what they need to use, not entirely own something latest in the market for bragging rights.
    We're like goo-goo-gah-gah over the latest electronics and gadgets, moreover hype over it all like God-sent toys. For example, they have the best hifi stuff for decades, yet they own much simpler and practical things for various reasons.
    Anyway, I did experience that their best stuff are for the home market and limited to USA or EU in small numbers. The rest of the run of the mill stuff are exported and may be of inferior quality. SEA gets the worst stuff most of the time.

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, thats true. But the phone i wanted looks unique. 1 could put it on the top of a casing or monitor XD. I find their phone unique though.But then later i found out,out of so many model of j phones...Only 2 models are fully unlocked =/

5. Adrian Wong

That's because they give their phones out for free (AFAIK) as long as you subscribe to their service.

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Not all are free. The gundam 1 I wanted is the limited edition :p I wonder when can telco at malaysia follow the same step :D

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Man, I wished that Nokia 2600 classic was released earlier! That's the simple phone with a bluetooth there! :D

Too bad I did already purchased a Motorola L6 a long ago and fortunately I gave it to my ma and I used a more simpler one! :)

8. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

motorola L6, my first phone :mrgreen:
    had to let go it :cry:

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

I wonder is there anyone else using a smartphone? @Chai what does WM phone mean xD

10. Adrian Wong

WM = Windows Mobile. The operating system used by the phone.

11. bslee

bslee Newbie

I had a test run of the O2 Atom Life for few days. Says WM6 pro but build is 5.something.. Sorry, but I lack some understanding in WM versions. Some say its still nevertheless a WMv5.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed and surfing on its IE browser using Wifi was like YUKS!.

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The performance is quite bad especially if you use public wifi. My home Wifi was quite good though.

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Atom O2 Life ah.. Hmmm used the HP RW6828 for a while. HP's version of the same device. Didn;t like the performance. Too slow.