The Mobile GPU Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, May 2, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.0!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many mobile GPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering nearly 40 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-
    • Added the ATI Mobility Radeon X700, Radeon 9600 Turbo Pro & FireGL V5000 GPUs.
    • Added the NVIDIA GeForce Go6200, NVIDIA GeForce Go6600 & Quadro Go1400 GPU.
    • Added the Transistor Count specifications for ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, FireGL 7800, Radeon 9000, FireGL 9000, Radeon 9200, Radeon 9600, FireGL T2, Radeon 9600 Pro, Radeon 9700, Radeon X300, Radeon X600, Radeon X800 & Radeon X800 Pro.
    • Added the Transistor Count specifications for NVIDIA GeForce2 Go, Go 100, Go 200, GeForce 4 410 Go, 420 Go, 440 Go, 460 Go, 4200 Go, GeForce FX Go5100, Go5200, Go5600, Go5650, Go5700, GeForce Go6800, Quadro FX Go700 & Go1000.
    • Total GPUs: 44

[​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.0!

2. hubis

hubis Newbie

Intel 855GME Extreme Graphics 2 and DirectX

Hi

What this means about supporting DirectX9?

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-004656.htm

e.g. Can you play games that require DirectX8.1 smoothly? processor is Centrino715 with 1.5ghz and 512 of DDR RAM.

I hope somebody can tell me about his experience or thougts.

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

it should roughly give the same performance as DX9 games ..
    but.. you must know that intel extreme graphics 2 are not meant for serious gaming :roll:

4. hubis

hubis Newbie

Ok, I know it's not for serious gaming, and this laptop will be in the office use, but sometimes it'd be nice to take a mach with co-workers after work... with CS:Condition Zero.. smoothly on 800x600 with Intel Extreme graphics?

5. Ikshaar

Ikshaar Newbie

Similar question...

Thinking about one of these ultraportable http://www.ultranote.com ... but I wonder if I can play (just a bit) on any of them...

Most use Intel855... which i think is pretty bad (DX7 only).
    One use ATI MD-6 ... never heard of it...
    And one GeForce4 420 Go ... DX7 too.

Anyone know a notebook 10'' or less which support DX9 ?

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Generally, subnotebooks do not come with powerful GPUs because they are designed to be small and light. So they are designed to be as power-efficient as possible to reduce battery size.

Powerful 3D GPUs are power-hungry and thus do not figure in subnotebooks, because they will require the manufacturer to use larger batteries which negate the advantages of a subnotebook -> light weight and small size.

7. Ikshaar

Ikshaar Newbie

I understand that and I dont want power and high rate... I am just looking for a chipset that is compatible DX9 so I can run the game (would set all on low quality, low rez, would be happy with 10 fps)...

I am not planning to play doom3... but would love to check my auction in World of Warcraft for example...

8. ^eMpTy^

^eMpTy^ Newbie

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's 128-bit :mrgreen:

I remembered that I corrected the specs late time, but why is it still 256-bit :confused:

Anyways, I will correct that again in the next update :mrgreen:

10. medking

medking Newbie

wow i just want this profiles

thank you very much~~~

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.1!

These days, there are so many mobile GPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering more than 40 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here is the update:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.1!

12. swimtech

swimtech Newbie

X600 Mobile errata???

The Mobile GPU guide, along with the Desktop GPU guide, is an awesome resource - and wanted to first forward many thanks for taking the time and effort to put it together for the internet community. :clap:

Within the memory specification for the X600 Mobile ATI GPU, however, it shows a 256 bit specification for memory buss width - shouldn't that be 128 bit?

13. Adrian Wong

Hello swimtech! :wave:

I will check it out ASAP.

Thanks for the heads-up! :beer:

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.2!

Currently covering more than 40 mobile GPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every GPU! We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here is the update:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.2!

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.3!

[​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.3!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  16. StarTraveller

StarTraveller Newbie

17. StarTraveller

StarTraveller Newbie

18. Adrian Wong

Oh, thanks for the info! Will update it ASAP. :thumb:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.4!

[​IMG]

Link : Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.4!

20. StarTraveller

StarTraveller Newbie

Are you certain that you got all of the details right on the latest additions?

For instance the memory of my V3200 is only clocked at 250 MHz by default (I don't know how this corresponds to the listed bandwidth in the spec sheet, though).

Also, if you look at the features like number of pipelines etc. then it would seem that the V3100 and V3200 are more likely based on the same chip as the X600 - and not the X700 (which corresponds pretty accurately to the V5000).

The details aren't making complete sense, IMO.