The new BIOS Optimization Guide Revision 7

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Now that I've a little free time, I would just like to touch a bit on the new revision of the BIOS Optimization Guide.

First of all, if you have a copy of the older BIOS Optimization Guide, please throw it away. I have completely rewritten the guide. Every single BIOS option covered in the old guide has been rewritten. Believe me, it was not for fun! :) I found quite a few mistakes in them. So, please use this new revision.

Next, we will be working on translations of the guide. In fact, we have receive numerous offers to translate the guide (Thanks, everyone!). However, we have not taken up on any of the offers yet. This is because we want to work out a proper system for the display of different translations first.

So, if you have offered to translate the BIOS Optimization Guide into your native language, please rest assured that we have your e-mails and will respond as soon as we can.

I have also started receiving requests for a downloadable version of the BIOS Optimization Guide. For now, I would have to say it's impossible. There are many reasons ranging, from bandwidth concerns to leeching to the publishing of the guide by a major publishing house.

Yes, we are going to publish the BIOS Optimization Guide with a major publishing house. Negotiations are still underway and there's a lot of work to be done but if all goes well, you should soon see a copy of the BIOS Optimization Guide at your local bookstore!

As rights to the digital version of the guide are still uncertain (whether I keep it or they publish an e-book version), I cannot make any downloadable guides yet. Hopefully, I can convince them to include the e-book version free of charge with the book. Or distribute it for free. We shall see. :)