The NVIDIA Ninja Graphics Tech Report

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

After a rather long hiatus, NVIDIA has finally launched their Kepler microarchitecture and its flagship graphics card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680. Amongst Kepler's many new features and improvements is the NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology, which gives the GeForce GTX 680 a further boost in its performance by dynamically overclocking it for apps that aren't so graphics intensive.

However, many gamers are wondering - why would you need to further overclock the GeForce GTX 680 for games that aren't graphics intensive? The GeForce GTX 680 should have no problem delivering frame rates in excess of 60 fps for such games. So there is really no need for GPU Boost. Well, apparently, NVIDIA has something up their sleeves for Kepler-based graphics cards - the NVIDIA Ninja Graphics Technology!

[​IMG]

Link : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Technology Report

2. killadark

killadark Newbie

april fool anyone!

3. Adrian Wong

Please tell me you tried the driver... :shifty:

4. Adrian Wong

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Technology Report Rev. 2.0

After a rather long hiatus, NVIDIA has finally launched their Kepler microarchitecture and its flagship graphics card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680. Amongst Kepler's many new features and improvements is the NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology, which gives the GeForce GTX 680 a further boost in its performance by dynamically overclocking it for apps that aren't so graphics intensive.

However, many gamers are wondering - why would you need to further overclock the GeForce GTX 680 for games that aren't graphics intensive? The GeForce GTX 680 should have no problem delivering frame rates in excess of 60 fps for such games. So there is really no need for GPU Boost. Well, apparently, NVIDIA has something up their sleeves for Kepler-based graphics cards - the NVIDIA Ninja Graphics Technology!

In this update, we added a Trivia section. We would also like to remind you guys that we have already uploaded the beta driver, in case you would like to give it a spin. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Link : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Technology Report Rev. 2.0

5. mathew7

mathew7 Newbie

I second the april fools.
    I mean, sure they could rig a driver to do that (I'm using AMD, so no way to try it). I'm a senior programmer, so I know what can be done in SW. But:
    - if you are the one juggled (i.e.: defensive), then this needs to be fed back to the game....and game developers will surely consider this a cheat (not to mention that the communication is usually one-way..after all, the AI is in the CPU, not GPU, PhysX is the exception, but it's a separate process to rendering).
    - if the other players are juggled, then this is a disadvantage to you, as you can no longer trust your eyes.
    - rendering pipeline does not have information that the vertex belongs to a character or enviroment. So they would apply it to the whole scene, thus negating any benefits.

PS: after reading the last paragraph before "game support" I started laughing and couldn't read the article anymore.

6. Adrian Wong

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wonder, did no one try the driver??? :wall: :wall: