The Official ARP Half Life 2 Thread! ;)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Viper007Bond, Nov 15, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Try us. I have a bad pc too... :liar: :liar: :liar: :shifty:

2. im playing it again on hard....i must say, it's pretty difficult..

i like the fov just fine. it's better than halo...the weapon takes up like 1/3 of screen....

3. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

you're such a big fat liar....a bad one too i might add

4. now yall, I have the bad pc...i can't run doom3 and hl2 at the same time...haha it's just fine.

i think it's better than the "gaming computers" that pcmag reviews....those are gay. they consider a gaming machine something that can run doom3 at 60 fps all the time...crazy assed bastards

5. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Now that's just mean... :p

So what would YOU consider a gaming machine?

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It'd be good if it would oc to 2.6GHz.... :wicked:
    It'd be good if my 6800Gt could go over Ultra speeds... :wicked:
    So now, I just consider it OK.... :snooty:

7. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

well if u aint happy with it give it to me....btw way we are going off topic..so back to topic pls/..

8. just one more thing before going back on topic:

my gaming machine would be just about any computer that can run a game. i remember playing d2 on my old, gay, crappy p2. that was just fine with me. then i got my computer. now that is my gaming computer.

anyway, anyone notice the similarities between hl2 and 1984, the book?

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ur chip should able to clock higher, if you can maintain the temp.

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Anyonce notice that theres some bugs in the phyics engine. Mine would also freeze with in the first few minutes then continue as normal. Its killer when I'm playing CS... :wall:

11. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Check mine out... Mine's bad too... :cry:

12. Maximus_Detritus

Yeah, in mine, there's error saying Node Graph Out of Date, Rebuilding....

:nuts:

Can't patch it anyways... :wicked:

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I already noticed that I was feeling a bit queasy while watching the CS Source VST. But that was only for a minute so the effect was very minor.

Hehe...I hear so many people complaining about how HL2 is giving problems on their PC. I have a pretty lousy comp but it runs fairly smooth :mrgreen:

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That in game freezing is really starting to tick me off.... :mad: I got knifed coz of that BS.... :evil: So irritating and it always happens at the best moment. When I'm about to snipe someone, when I'm rushing. It even happened to me when I was planting the bomb! :mad: :evil: :doh: :wall: :boohoo:

My bro doesnt get that. He has almost the same system as mine with the exception of his X800 Pro. Could it be something with the 6800GT? :think:

15. Maximus_Detritus

Remember, HL2 does have optimisations for ATi's architecture. Much like Doom3 is meantfor nvidia cards.

HOwever, that stuttering bug was picked up on within a day of it's release, and Valve claim to have already distributed a patch through Steam, and what not. *Shakes head*

What bothers me most is that 'Node Graph Out of Date, Rebuilding'... and the game freezes for up to 30 seconds :wall:

16. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

same problem here.. finished the game and replay it, the 'Node Graph Out of Date, Rebuilding' is gone.. loading normally.. one thing, mine is pir**ed, are you? :mrgreen:

17. my comp dont freeze...love my comp

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

On HL2? :think:

19. yeah, it was in reply to maximus. it doesn't freeze in doom3 either

20. Maximus_Detritus

Mine never freezed in Doom3 ;)

Hehe, it's plenty fast. :p