The PC Hardware Graveyard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maximus_Detritus, Sep 19, 2004.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i should say the
    Mobility Radeon 9600Pro from my friends laptop should go to the graveyard :haha:

2. drab

drab Newbie

Athlon 64 3000 :confused: been using my laptop ,went back to desktop and constant reboot. :doh:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yes - another one - a broken 4.3GB Seagate HDD. It just died in front of me very horribly. The indicator of HDD is always lit, and it's not working anymore.... :D

4. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Just a quick update on what I've lost over the past few months.

1. Intel P4 i845 MSI mobo
    2. SiS P4 mobo, with a VIA VT2833 southbridge (i think)
    3. Three sticks of 128 DDR266 RAM
    4. Two Maxtor 20Gb hdds
    5. One Seagate 13Gb hdd
    6. One Radeon 9600Pro (ouch)
    7. One Geforce FX5600 (not so ouch)
    8. An iCute 450W PSU

Just thought the thread deserved a bump.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

hey you're back! :thumb: good to see you again :mrgreen:

My 9800Pro just died not long ago :|

6. zy

a Aztech 600EU modem :wall:

7. The_YongGrand

Aiyoh, that's the modem I'm currently using as well. Oooooh. :shock: :D

8. zy

i'm using a 600E now :wall:

9. Maximus_Detritus

I'm using an Aztech DSL 600EW right now.

*Uh Oh*

10. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Hm... u guys mentioned many broken hardwares here... I am lazy to talk every single hardware that I lost so I will just list down the COMPUTERS that crashed in my house:

Laptops:
    1. NEC latop (forgot the model, but I think it is a 1992 newest model): forgot the operation system, it died when i was 10 :p. Surprisingly the battery still works!
    2. ECS A928 (dunno what the heck it is, never heard of the brand b4): it is a Pentium 4 machine... nothing else that I remembered.
    It kinda totally stop functioning, no even the LED works, a few months ago. B4 that it had a wierd sound to it and smtimes smells like burnt compnent, but anyway it is usable for 3 months like that and then it died.

Desktops:
    1. Acer Desktop (forgot the model as well): Bought in 1996, died in 1998. Short-circuited due to lightning strike. Clearly fried up very bad as when on a stormy night with plenty of lightning, the power tripped and BILLOWS of smoke rose from the CPU and monitor... my Original Red Alert 2 disc 2 died with it that night. :cry:
    2. Acer Desktop (once again I forgot the model): Bought right after the one above died... worked on a Win98, Pentium II 800megahertz, killed by my lil bother. My brother short circuited it, still remains a mystery till now.
    3. Acer Desktop (ok, this is a recent death so I stil remember the model :p) Veriton 5500G: It runs on Windows ME, pentium 4 1.6ghz. Cannot boot up, the circuits are fine and the power supply is still working. I suspect the hard disk and processor are dead.

As you can see, I use mainly Acer computers. Hopefully my Acer Aspire 1682WLMi will last till I graduate.

11. Maximus_Detritus

You;d think with all that prior experience, you'd have learnt not to use ACER :p Although one instance isnt ACER's fault. Peaz had a bad experience with ACER customer service a few months back, and its in an article on the main ARP site. (=

12. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

well, same as me actually... my faulty DVD dual cannot be replaced... and my dad spent a whole afternoon at the Acer factory at KL there... shyt shyt... :wall:

13. zy

wow.. you love acer so much ?:haha: i dont trust acer that much ..

first acer pc .. powered by AMD 386 :haha: .. i killed the hard disk not long ago ...
    the pc still runs but i cant find any good component to ruin with it .. LOL ..
    no replace ment hard disk .. the BIOS does not reconize hard disk larger than 2gb :haha:

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

15. The_YongGrand

I have one Asus VX-97 which I killed its BIOS when doing the hot-flashing (silly me, I put the chip upside down!!) and the board is dead without a proper BIOS chip.

Some broken harddisks. And some broken power-supplies. :shock:

16. redness

redness Newbie

I thought this thread was about where to dump old hardware when it expire. I woundn't mind doing some dumpster diving for spare parts. heh

Past Heroes:
    Intel 386
    Intel 486 DX100
    Cyrix 133Mhz
    Intel P100
    AMD 700Mhz

Past Supporting Heroes
    5" Floppy Disk Drive
    100MB Seagate
    4GB Quantum Fireball
    6GB Quantum Medalist
    8.4GB Seagate Baraccuda
    20GB Western Digital
    24x AOpen CDRom
    48X Liteon CDRom

Soon to be dead Hero
    80GB Western Digital (damn bad sectors)

Longest Lasting Hero
    8x Sony CDRom (she still works!)

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm does the DVD+RW drive of my notebook count? LOL :D Stupid DVDRW drive. those early generations of Notebook DVDRW drive really sucks. THe external drive i bought is like 10000000x better than it is. Even when reading CDs!

18. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

RIP 6600GT :cry:
    Died quite some time back but I have yet to pay tribute to it. Might have given the world #1 a run for its money if it had not died prematurely :cry:

Oh well, time to dissect it and sell it off to spare parts hunters :p

Attached Files:

19. The_YongGrand

I have the Benq CDRW drive I bought almost 4 years ago from PCFair and that thing worked erratically after two years of minimal usage. By this year, even worse, the CDRW drive had eaten up 2 of my CDRWs and numerous CDs. The mechanisms in the CDR drive is so mangled beyond recognition. :wall: :wall: :wall:

20. Prashiyer

Prashiyer Newbie

Awesome thread

Some very funny posts here.
    ---Well one of my hard disk which happens to be a seagate 160GB has almost crashed(almost because data can still be recovered) and my other one which i am using now is on the verge of deserting me.
    ---I dumped two of my lg cd-rw which i destroyed because i was annoyed of its antics and one is lg cd-rom which does not read most cds.