The PDP Gigabyte Memory Giveaway Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Its so funny to read all this...hahaha...really...makes me smile alot! :lol: :D :dance: :clap: :thumb:

Because thats what its all about...having good time and lots of competitive gamers around...who all try to do their best to finally make a record(s). ;)

And dont worry werty316...I know how you must have felt...really...I know I would be angry also...but the best "answer" in such case would be to play, play, play and play...more more more....10 games...100 games...1000 games...cause like i said before...by my opinion it is possible to score even 5 million at Breakout...but you need lots of focus and stamina...(and some longer cofee breaks also ;) ). So dont worry...its ok...PEACE WITH YOU! (and all others). btw...i hope you wont be angry to much, cause i just set new record at Pacman... :mrgreen: ...man that was really nerve-breaking...too much...its enough...if someone beats it...then let it be...I wont try again...and he/she will really be a true champion there! ;) (btw..at the last level that i was there (around 15th-dont remember exactly)...when you eat those dots to turn other 4 creatures blue...that effect lasts maybe for a second...surely not more!...so i hope you get some general picture about it...its mad...) :evil: :wall: :p

And werty316...congratulations for your long time record of gaming...but I am here from good old ZX spectrum days, then C64,Amiga,XT,..and so on...so maybe all that gave me that final edge here... :thumb:

And despite all that...I still cant get even close to a record at Curveball...so isnt that ironic... :doh: :p :D

But let me remind you that nothing isnt lost here yet...its still possible to beat some records...still possible to win the prize...so...I would agree with werty316,Reyne,Adrian,Bestia,Dashken,PsYkHoTiK and others who said MAY THE BEST ONE WIN! So lets all head back to games and lets try our bests... :clap: :pray: ;)

Congratulations also to SAMSAMHA! You really earned that record...31K+...WOOOOW...thats almost unbeatable! I was actually thinking which is the fastest mouse nowadays to help me out there...to move faster at higher (8+) levels...cause i just cant move it fast enough sometimes...my brains calculate and hand moves (at least tries to :p ) it where it should be to bounce the ball back...but mouse just doesnt respond fast enough (and its at max speed already - checked that in control panel :wall: )...

So whats the "key" to success there SAMSAMHA? Could you give us some clues? (maybe to trade it for Pacmans or Breakouts clues)? :mrgreen: :haha: ;)

Ok...enough...need to rest...cause it was a PacMan-ic day...so cya tomorrow or maybe later today...enjoy and good luck to every single one of you!

Best wishes,

Johnie.

2. ESP

ESP Newbie

Oh, hi Johnie. Hope you won't mind what I have said earlier. I don't mind anyone beating my record or what but I don't like people with arrogant attitude. Maybe in the beginning I thought you were a little... too proud of yourself? I don't know. Probably I was too quick to judge. Well, anyway, hope you will enjoy yourself here. :angel:

3. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hehehe. I really really really really want to win the memory. I think I am a bit dumb spending all that time playing curveball while I should play the other 2 games as they do have much score than curveball. :wall: :wall: I can't believe the score that you guys setup, it's impossible for me to catch you guys:( :cry: :cry:

I spend so much time playing curveball, hopefull Bestia won't break my record, if you look at all the high score, it's all Bestia's score :shock: . Finally, I am getting better and was so lucky to be able to break the record. I was kinda luck to be able to break it. I really don't have much secret playing it (got good serve though:)) I don't think that I can even break that score for awhile, that include you Johnnie, you broke all the records. ;) ;) :lol: :wicked:

4. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Don't worry, I've somehow lost my rapid movement ... can't get over 27.000 in the last 40 tries. :mrgreen: ^^

5. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hehehe, that's why I said I was a bit lucky. I was so lucky to be able to break your record that time:).

6. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

By trying hard you'd deserve to win .. at least this one game.
    Now you should concentrate on the other ones. ;) ^^

7. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

and leave you break my reacord :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wicked: :wicked:

1 person likes this.
  8. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Sure, would be a possibility .. :wicked: :haha: ^^
    Don't worry, I'll try .. but will fail for sure. ^^

9. TechZ

TechZ Newbie

I won some stuff, Intel bag, cooler :)

I like this place, and wont ever leave ;)

10. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Hi ESP (and others)... :wave:

No no, I dont mind...its ok...cause its like I said to werty316 before...I guess I would also be "angry" at that time if someone beat my record (even more if that would be some newby)... :p :mrgreen: but like i also said....best response would be to play so long until you beat his/hers record again...at least thats what i try to do...(and all you who really want to win the prize so badly should try to do the same...thats my advice...but its up to each one of you to decide) ;)

And I am not arrogant or too proud and never try to be (cause I am always aware that even if we manage to set some great score - its not impossible to beat it...so we always have to had that in our minds-at least i do) ...so sorry if my comment or anything else there gave you such impression. :hand: btw...why arent you playing anymore? waiting for last seconds and set records then? I guess you could score much higher than your record (at pacman) was...so join the battle again... ;)

SAMSAMHA...You are really my hero at curveball (also Bestia and others are very good!)...cause i believe i tried more than 100 games there...but no luck...or maybe i loose nerves to soon...hahahahaa...anyway...I tried all possible options...to serve fast into corners (to get bigger bonus)...also to play almost until bonus expires (to get more points from each bounced ball)...but nothing...I just cant figoure it out which is the best way...I believe that higher bonus (to end levels asap) is best...but from 8th or 9th level...my mouse (and maybe my brains also sometimes :p ) acts way too slow to set 30K score or more...no way...I'll rather head back to Breakout once more....because current record wont be there for long (werty316 is my hidden champ there...god knows what he plans :lol: ;) ...maybe he is playing it for days now...and few minutes before competition ends...BOOOMMMMMMM...there he is...with 10 Millions... :thumb: ).

Once more...LET THE BEST INDIVIDUAL WIN!...cause whoever will be the lucky one...he will surely deserve the prize...thats all! Good luck everyone! :clap: :whistle: :beer: ;)

11. ESP

ESP Newbie

:haha: I would still have a chance to break the record if the score didn't go beyond 100k. 147k is just too much for me to handle. You are really too good. I had enough of Pacman, now I'm spending my time on Maplestory. :shifty: Good luck to you in the contest. :beer:

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's really all about perseverance. :mrgreen:

No one can win the contest without putting in hours of effort. No matter who wins, I applaud you! You most definitely deserve it! :beer: :thumb:

13. Terryb47

Terryb47 Newbie

I played a few Curveball games, and at first I thought a score above 20k was impossible, my highscore is now somewhere in the 26k, but usually I'm stuck at level 7: you guys are freaks! :nuts:

14. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hahahahaha. I had to play like 300 or more games just to beat Bestia's score and that time luck also has something to do with it.

Man, I am not sure if I can play pacman to beat Johnnie's score. It's way too high. another 300 games before I can beat him (I may run out of time before then). Someone has to stop Johnnie from playing and accept the prize.

15. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Its like I said earlier there still is time for someone to take the crown away. Good thing I didn'tfock everyone for not beating my big 500k score because I would have gotten owned; or at least I didn't brag I think. Good luck to all. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Practise practise practise. You'll eventually get better at it and level 7 will become fairly easy. It's level 8 that really kills me :wall:

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

the way you guys play.. Whoah.. haha :) really good! My hats off to all the top scorers!

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think you need to get to Level 11 to beat the high score... :D I got mine up to level 10, but I'm just too slow... :roll:

19. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Hi everybody :wave:

and thanks for nice wishes ESP, I wish You the same (please do try again at pacman...it is possible you know). Because its like some of you mentioned...practise practise practise...and nothing isnt finished or lost yet! The point is...that once i started it...i scored around 20-30K...then slowly move towards 60K...and so on...every time little more (offcourse with lots of lost games in between :p )...so when i finally thought 100K would be almost unbeatable...BOOOOOOOM...Oration37 has beaten it (btw...ESP...was oration37 your "secret player" from other forum who was supposed to beat me? or is he still to come? :D just wonder...hahaha...). So after that...I played at least some 50 games before i regained the record...and maybe some 50 additional ones to finally settle at 147K... But when looking from oration37's performance....he managed to score 108K in only 9 games that he played...so...he is dangerous... :clap:

And SAMSAMHA....its exactly the same for me at curveball as its for you at pacman...it seems impossible to beat your (or bestia's score) there...and i believe that even if i played 300 more games i couldnt beat it... :doh:

Werty316....I am still counting on you buddy...really!...so please do come back and set some new high score to make it harder and more dynamic... ;)

Chai...level 11 you said? I didnt even managed to get to level 10...I am mostly "killed" at 8 or 9...and i always thought if i manage to come to 10 that would be enough to score around Bestia's record (he was top scorer at that time)....but 11!???...thanks but no thanks...i rather spend another 10 hours at breakball...than to try to break my arm, brains and mouse at curveball... :twisted:

Good luck to all you guys and girls...and like Adrian said...may the best one win at the end... :hand: :clap: :dance:

1 person likes this.
  20. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

:haha:

All of my 30.000+ scores only at max. level 8! ;)
    That's why I said I somehow lost rapid movement, could go up much higher (ok ok, easy to say as long as I do not make proof of it ^^).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.