The Perpetual Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by badawi_rocks, May 15, 2004.

1. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

This is not wholy Abdul Kadir's work, but while we're piling on blame on him, a bit more surely won't hurt.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/8/29/nation/8781113&sec=nation

4 million on National Day celebrations from am impoverished state with many thousands of people living below the poverty level. RM3 million is fine, but then they go on to spend that extra RM1 million putting up more flags and banners. You just KNOW someone is benefiting from that. I'd really like to know which company is being contracted to make these flags. I'd also like to know if that company has any links to any Minister or Menteri Besar.

How is this related to Abdul Kadir? Well if you remember, I think it was 2 days ago, Abdul Kadir said he wanted to make this National Day celebrations the 'best ever'. I imagine the Menteri Besar felt pressured to hang more flags since he wouldn't want to dissapoint Mr. Kadir.

Anyway, I just think its a pure waste of money spending another RM1 million hanging flags on streets just for 1 day. That RM1 million could be spent giving a higher education to 3 deserving kids overseas which would benefit the country for 30 years. We chose wrong.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I agree with you. What a waste of money. Its always about the style. :doh: Never about the substance. :wall: What a big waste man. They could've help to develop the state more with that money... When are these people gonna pull their heads outta their ass and start thinking properly. Its the PEOPLE'S tax money anyways... :roll: Their responsible to use it accordingly for the people. :mad: :evil:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL! And they are sure to pay another company to clean up the mess they made on National Day, including clearing up the RM 1 million worth of flags and banners. More of our money going down the pockets of these well-connected people and their pet ministers. :doh:

The government always says that it does not have the money to raise the pay of civil servants as doing so will cost a few extra million dollars every year to the government. But they don't even bat an eyelid when it comes to plunking down FOUR million dollars for a National Day celebration, including an EXTRA million for MORE flags and banners... :doh:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

better go steal those flags back :p
    at least our parents get some rewards for all the taxes they have been paying since day one.. :mrgreen: :thumb: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Abdul Kadir blowing his own trumpet....

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/8/30/nation/8783705&sec=nation

6. lung

lung Just Started

He should just remove himself (as an outdated minister) from the face of Earth... :lol:

7. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! This guy is amazing.. So full of himself. It's a wonder he hasn't exploded with his own self-importance yet. :haha:

8. alexan

alexan Newbie

If they have some spare change in that 1 million dollar merdeka fund, they might consider buying a king size mirror for the bow tie joker.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Maybe he'll get more bow ties and take stupidity classes... :lol:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

he already has one.
    maybe he might get one that will make him looks slim..

11. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! Good one! :thumb:

12. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Perhaps its one with some hand-drawn black scribbles up at the top so it makes him look like he has a full head of hair too.

13. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Time to bring back this thread because.....

Our friend has been bestowed with the 'Datuk Seri' title!!! :mrgreen:

14. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

He's sort of like comic relief to me. (=

15. lung

lung Just Started

Omg Datuk Seri BowTie... Anyway I'm surprised no one posted the news where he lost his seat in the recent Umno elections? ;)

16. Adrian Wong

OMG! :shock: What were they thinking?! :doh:

17. Jet

Jet Just Started

What has he done to the country?? :confused:

18. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Those Bow Ties could be counsidered a criminal offence sometimes.

19. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Well, he was seeking to be reelected to the Supreme Council but lost out. I thought about it but there have been many 'vote-buying allegations' to say the least, and many sources have placed Abdul Kadir among the more genuine people who did not engage in such conduct. I thought it would have been a bit harsh on the poor man had we poked fun at him being kicked out when he did the right thing.

Do correct me if I'm wrong in the above :whistle:

20. Adrian Wong

I'm not sure about vote buying. But maybe Abdul Kadir truly believed he was a popular guy and therefore did not need to worry about re-election. :mrgreen:

But seriously, this guy should be kicked out of Malaysian politics before he embarrasses the country even more. :roll: