The Perpetual Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by badawi_rocks, May 15, 2004.

1. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

:haha: and we get to lose out on the latest bow tie fashions?

2. mj23

mj23 Newbie

well maybe he's trying to bring some decency back. sex an nudity is forbidden.
    But not all foreign ads are bad.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, banning sex and nudity on public television is understandable. But what has that got to do with Abdul Kadir? :confused:

Abdul Kadir is Mr. Bow Tie, who put Malaysia on CNN for incredibly stupid reasons. He was also the nut job who "asked" all Malaysians to stop their vehicles on the HIGHWAY at midnight on Merdeka eve to shout Merdeka. :nuts:

Yes, sirree.. That's Mr. Bow Tie - pride of Malaysia. :thumb:

4. mj23

mj23 Newbie

well im just replying to most of the posts which want shows with sex/nudity on tv, which is wrong.
    I dont know much about this guy, is he religious?
    im still learning. Plus i dont know a word of malay.

5. Adrian Wong

Umm.. Religious or not, I have no idea. But he certainly comes up with all these crazy ideas. :nuts:

Well, I agree.. sex and nudity should not be on public TV since kids have access to it. But there should be a limit to censorship by the government. Should the government be allowed to dictate what's morally right or wrong? I think not. :hand:

6. mj23

mj23 Newbie

well i think since the majority is religious, then the religion should dictate what is morally right/wrong.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure majority are religious or just that the board consists of religious people? ;)

8. Adrian Wong

Exactly! :mrgreen:

Where are you from, mj23? So we will know how to put it in perspective for you. :think:

9. mj23

mj23 Newbie

really? the majority arent religious?

10. Adrian Wong

To that, I would have to ask "define religious". :mrgreen:

BTW, where are you from? :think:

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Malaysia is a diverse in ethnic backgrounds so there for it has a few religons there. Morality has no Objective standards, meaning whats wrong to someone, doesn't neccesarily mean its wrong for another. So what malaysia has is a mix, thats what makes malaysia special. Although there are some that aren't really too much of a mix...

But what Mr Bow tie does has nothing to do with religon. The things he says are just pure stupid. He wants to ban foreign ads on the pretext that they are too provocative. Its not like the malaysian ads are that far off either... :roll: The independence day things... :nuts:

12. lung

lung Just Started

Speaking of which, I remember there was another dumb minister who once complaint about that Toyota Altis advertisement...

"Why do we need Brad Pitt? Are Asians not handsome enough?"

Go figure... :rolleyes:

13. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! That's a good one! :thumb: